>> Newest Target Lesson - IRL - Yes - Roundabout

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm

Hey all A prog rock special by Yes in the new Intros, Riffs & Licks Series is one from the 'Instantly Recognizable' category, Roundabout by Yes. The harmonics Steve Howe plays at the beginning almost single-handedly define the era of 70s Progressive Rock.

This lesson just looks at the opening runs and the classical descending bass melody leading into the main chord progression. Although, there are some hints as to the accompaniment as well.

It is a Level 6 on the skill chart, and is available now inside Target..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... roundabout

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

Lavallee

Mon May 03, 2010 4:04 pm

Matt and Neil, I was really hoping to see this one. That is a great intro that I am looking forward to work on.

Thanks for including Roundabout in the section which I find very entertaining btw. The section gives some options to learn quickly a short section and give a break into learning larger projects. A break in the routine.

I like it a lot

Marc

haoli25

Mon May 03, 2010 5:23 pm

Neil was right, Steve does have BIG HANDS.......

Bill

smips65

Mon May 03, 2010 9:46 pm

:ohmy:

TG does a Yes song, and doesn't tell me????

Gotta love that Martin.

Got one just like it....well almost Image

dennisg

Tue May 04, 2010 11:07 am

Yes!

One of my favorite all time songs with Steve Howe being one of my favorite players.

Thanks for messing up my practice routine. I'll be banging on this one for awhile. By the way Niel needs to throw us a bone on the chords he uses for the rest of the song. I would love to be able to play an approximation of it. Guess I could just watch Niel play it over and over till I figured it out - but hey - I'm basically lazy.

Thanks for the great lesson!

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic