>> Newest Target Lesson - Black Dog - Led Zeppelin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed May 05, 2010 12:25 pm

Jimmy Page will go down in the history of rock 'n' roll as one of the greatest writers of riff-based songs. Black Dog features some great elements that are challenging on many different levels.

It starts with a simple minor pentatonic scale, adds a trill here and a bend there, and combines rhythmic figures that are best played with the steady alternating technique. He then takes a phrase based on the main one and creates a variation with an unusual beat pattern that turns the picking upside down.

This is a Level 5 Riff, and is available in Target now..

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... -black-dog

mbleier

Sat May 15, 2010 9:15 am

Matt thanks for another great video. That just freakin rocked! I just found earlier this lesson and am having a blast picking up this classic rocking tune. It is a testament to how good Neil's lessons are because it seems like only a few months ago I could only struggle through two and threes and now I have almost got down in an hour or so a level five riff. Well, I can play it with Neil and his metronome. It is realizations of progress like this that make the small amount Neil asks for worth every penny (with that said please don't raise the rates B) ).

Thanks again,
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic