>> Newest Target Lesson - Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 pm

Well we threatened to release something more from Jethro Tull, and here is something from the famed Aqualung album..

Locomotive Breath, from Aqualung by Jethro Tull, is a great song to learn to strum using the constant right hand motion technique. You really just need to hit an accented chord on the 1st beat of the measure and then keep a steady flow of eighth notes played percussively (muting the strings). It also gives you a chance to practice barre chords from the A Major shape, one of the most difficult for many people.

Available now in Target it is a level 5 tune..

Hope you enjoy it all

Cheers

Matt

TARGET http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ive-breath

If you want to pick this up as a single Pay Per lesson then you can grab it here..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... &band=-400

AndyT

Mon May 24, 2010 5:08 pm

YES! I've been waiting for this one.

thereshopeyet

Mon May 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Thanks

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 24, 2010 10:20 pm

I logged on to TG, went to the bottom of the "Recent Discussions" page where the later posts I hadn't seen were and then worked my way up to the newer posts in maybe 20 minutes, no rush ... until HOLY xxxxxx! (I actually said it aloud), there is Jethro Tull's "Locomotive Breath" !

I checked it out ... the lesson is very well done, can be seen as simple or more involved.

I LIKE this site.

Pierre

d_dog

Mon May 24, 2010 11:51 pm

So glad Neil didn't break out the spandex and banana hammock for this one.

cosmicmechanic

Tue May 25, 2010 12:42 am

Haha ... and Haha again, Damian, that crack sure deserves a reaction!

Do you know the album cover from Tull's live album "[strike]Breaking Out[/strike]",
EDIT: "Bursting Out" ?

If not, then look it up, first question you'll be asking is : "Is this exactly what you mean should be [strike]breaking[/strike] bursting out?"

Anyway, I do really admire Ian Anderson and his pals, the spandex thing was indeed a period piece.

Good thing they did not get into the short lived "cod piece" fashion !

Edit 2: OK, I couldn't resist, here is the "Bursting Out" album cover. I remember way back when standing in a record store with this vinyl album in my hands and feeling somewhat perplexed (I mention this because size might matter: a vinyl album cover IS a big picture, isn't it?).

If you never forgive me, I will understand.

http://cfs13.tistory.com/image/12/tisto ... 211a095a64

Oh ... thanks again to Neil for "Locomotive Breath" !

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic