>> Newest Target Lesson - Freight Train - Elizabeth Cotten - iPad, iPhone, and iTouch ready

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon May 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Our Latest Target lesson is live , and continues the theme of introducing some basic fingerpicking styles for you..Elizabeth Cotten wrote Freight Train when she was 12 years old. It is now a fingerpicking standard and a great place to start learning the alternating bass technique.

It is a level 2 and available now..Hope you enjoy it all

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-songs/134/4500

If you are interested in grabbing just the Pay per Lesson version , you can here..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... &band=-210

jayswett

Mon May 31, 2010 7:18 pm

I've been looking forward to this lesson every since Suziko posted her video a few months ago. How odd Ms. Cotten holds and plays that guitar.

jayswett

Mon May 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Elizabeth Cotten put down the guitar for a decade or two, then picked it up again later in life? Sounds like alot of us ...

suziko

Mon May 31, 2010 8:47 pm

A great song from an inspiring woman. I haven't had a chance yet to watch this lesson, though I will be checking it out tomorrow out of curiosity. This version is different from the one I posted- mine was done in a Travis pick style. I think I might give this version a try tomorrow just to hear the difference between the two. I'm sure there are hundreds of versions of Freight Train out there, of varying levels of difficulty.

songman52

Mon May 31, 2010 8:54 pm

Great song and great clip. I saw that clip many years ago and was fascinated that she played it "upside-down" or "backwards". Come to think of it, maybe I'm the one who has been backwards!

willem

Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 am

Great and pleased and like you said everybody must learn this,,was not aware of how miss Cotton played here guitar,,nice story to know,,,well have to catch a train...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic