>> Newest Target Lesson - Strumming Simplified- Expanding on the Basics..

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:15 pm

One of the things we have been working on as extra the last couple of weeks is a brand new course on strumming to accompany the first two programs we created..

Today I am releasing the first component that Neil has created of a 10 part series..it is available at present to Target members only..

Strumming Simplified is a series of lessons designed to give the guitar student all the fundamentals they need to become a solid rhythm player. Expanding On The Basics picks up where Volume 1: Tools & Techniques left off. At this point you should be comfortable with the 4 basic strumming patterns presented in those lessons and ready to move on into combining patterns and even working towards getting away from them completely. We recommend you consult the lesson A Chord Companion for information on fingering the common chords used on the guitar.

Chapter I: Preview & Review

This lesson reviews the highlights of Volume 1: Tools & Techniques and goes over the concepts and techniques that the student should be familiar with, before presenting the new ideas that will be addressed throughout Expanding On The Basics.

Hope you enjoy it and as always comments welcome

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... mplified-2

Lavallee

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 pm

Thanks Matt, I just watch the preview and it looks very promising. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a section on how to read the rhythm from the standard notation. I understand Neil like to promote to develop our own strumming for a given song. But I find that it helps to read the original idea from the song writer. For example I am working on Money for nothing (great lesson by the way), with Neil explanation on how the rhythm was written it made it easier to understand the strumming pattern . I have some idea on how to read it but I am often puzzled.

Thanks

Marc

willem

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:36 am

thanks all of you,,watcted the preview and was happy with the explain on the 16teens note strumming and certainly gonna watch the next lessons on this, i go only back to the lesson how to number the chords,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic