>> Newest Target Lesson - California Dreaming -The Mamas And The Papas- Ipad,Iphone, Itouch ready

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:44 pm

Here is our latest Target lesson ..

Available now hope you enjoy

California Dreamin' was a big hit for John Phillips and The Mamas And The Papas in 1965. He wrote the song a couple of years earlier while in New York dreaming of warmer places.

This TARGET Short looks at the chords and strumming patterns, as well as a way to play the opening guitar lick with just one guitar rather than the 2 (one being a 12-string) used on the original recording.

It is a Level 4 song

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... eamin#song

If you are interested in the Single Pay Per Lesson you can do that here..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... &band=-750

If you enjoy the preview pls remember to comment

Cheers

matt

YT

BigBear

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:03 pm

Great tune and lesson!! A real classic! Thanks!! :cheer:

willem

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:37 pm

Sometimes when you realy realy want to learn a song,well it set you of your goals and put it on top of the list,,why?? A friend who's playing this song very well and we sing with it,, so maybe i'm able to suprise him,,flute solo..Mmmmmmmm. he does the solo strumming the chord progession,,it is so a pity he don't have the time to join us..Neil thanks,,i pressed the like button..

Craig

Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:57 pm

Great classic song that I've always wanted to learn. Can't wait to get started. Thanks!
Craig

Hydroman52

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Thanks for this lesson. And for those who want a bit more of the back story on this song and the group, here is an interesting article on NPR where you can also listen to interviews with John and Michelle Phillips:

NPR California Dreaming Article

sws626

Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:26 pm

Awesome lesson and a great song to have in the repertoire. I can't think of anyone who doesn't know it well enough not to at least try to sing along.

lueders

Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:55 pm

Real Cool Song!...Excited to learn this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic