>> Newest Target Lesson - Listen to the Music - Doobie Brothers - iPad, iPod, Itouch ready

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:59 pm

Latest Target release now live ..

Listen To The Music was the song that launched the Doobie Brothers into the national and international spotlight. It was released in 1972 on their second album Toulouse Street and featured one of Tom Johnston's signature opening guitar riffs- a syncopated hammer-on into an E major/A major cycle. The chord progression mostly stays in the key of E, using barre chords and partial barre chords but the main challenge is getting the opening strumming pattern just right.

It is a Level 5 and ready to go to now for all Target members..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -the-music

Not a member of Target ?..still want the lesson - click here

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... &band=-720

As always if you like the preview remember to give us a thumbs up and comments..

BigBear

Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:07 pm

Neil- You're killing me!! ANOTHER great 70's tune to learn! Perhaps you could invent a way to give us a few more hours in the day to learn all this great stuff!! 3 or 4 more hours would be good!

Hey, a great companion song to this one would be China Grove by Steeley Dan. It has a similar opening riff and chord structure. I've heard you play snippets of it so I know it's coming soon!

Thanks for all the amazing tunes! :cheer:

suziko

Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:33 pm

Hey, a great companion song to this one would be China Grove by Steeley Dan. It has a similar opening riff and chord structure. I've heard you play snippets of it so I know it's coming soon!

Ooops, Rick, that's another Doobie Brothers song! Maybe that explains the similarity! :)

michelew

Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:51 pm

Great song!

OK now I'm completely confused - which songs, which songs, which songs. Maybe I'll throw them all in a hat and learn them in the order I draw them.

Suzi and I are going to become barre-ing machines if we learn a heap of the new offerings. Woo Hoo!! BAN(D)She is happenin'.

haoli25

Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:30 pm

BigBear wrote:
Hey, a great companion song to this one would be China Grove by Steeley Dan. It has a similar opening riff and chord structure.

Have to agree with you Rick, I hope he gets to Barry Manilow's "Long Train Runnin'" too.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic