>>Newest Target lesson - Simon And Garfunkel - America-iPad,iTouch,iPhone compatible

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:32 pm

America is a simple strumming song in 3/4 time fingered in the key of C, although a capo can be used to put it in a more comfortable key for your voice. It was written by Paul Simon and appeared on the 4th Simon & Garfunkel album, Bookends. This lesson looks at descending bass lines and some little embellishments you can add to a few of the chords to dress it up a bit.

It is a level 4 and available now for all Target users..

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-songs/134/4609

If you are interested in the single Pay Per Lesson then click here..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... &band=-800

As always give us the double thumbs up and comment on You Tube if you like the preview

Lavallee

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Interesting , almost the same chord progression as Mr Bojangles. I was about to send a ticket saying it was the wrong video until Neil started singing.

Marc

dynamohm

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Lavallee wrote:
Interesting , almost the same chord progression as Mr Bojangles. I was about to send a ticket saying it was the wrong video until Neil started singing.

Marc
I thought the same thing about the Mr Bojangles at first both great lessons thank you!

jayswett

Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:44 am

I've never seen Art Garfunkle play an instrument. I presume he plays either the piano or the guitar. Can anyone clarify this for me?

neverfoundthetime

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:01 am

Never seen him play anything except his voice either Jay, good question. And I'd like to know why he doesn't look so much taller than Paul Simon any more... is he shrinking?

Lavallee

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:07 am

Paul is wearing thick sole shoes

songman52

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:25 pm

FANTASTIC! S&G one (two?) of my all-time favorites! Saw them in concert in Houston a few years ago and Art's voice was as clear as ever.

Now if I could just learn the intro part (first couple of measures) to The Boxer in the key of C. The instrumental run, just before the alternating bass and lyrics kick in. Any help out there? I have a couple of different tabs but I'm looking for something a little more simple (or maybe I should get off my butt and just practice the difficult one more, right?) Thanks for any help. Oh yeah, definitely 'C' because that's what I've been playing and singing it in for years.

Jerry

mcfingers

Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:09 pm

songman52 wrote:
FANTASTIC! S&G one (two?) of my all-time favorites! Saw them in concert in Houston a few years ago and Art's voice was as clear as ever.

Now if I could just learn the intro part (first couple of measures) to The Boxer in the key of C. The instrumental run, just before the alternating bass and lyrics kick in. Any help out there? I have a couple of different tabs but I'm looking for something a little more simple (or maybe I should get off my butt and just practice the difficult one more, right?) Thanks for any help. Oh yeah, definitely 'C' because that's what I've been playing and singing it in for years.

Jerry
Jerry, Here you go. I have been working on that intro too. Steve

tovo

Sat Aug 07, 2010 5:14 pm

jayswett wrote:
I've never seen Art Garfunkle play an instrument. I presume he plays either the piano or the guitar. Can anyone clarify this for me?
Jay, he plays both. This taken directly from an interview with him:

Interviewer
: When did you learn to play guitar? Piano? Do you play by ear?

Art: Guitar: 13, I think. Piano: about 8. By ear: not really.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic