>> Todays Target Lessons - Introduction to Blues - Vol1 - Acoustic Blues Genius series..

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Very happy to present a brand new program for Target ..

This is Volume 1 of our Acoustic Blues Genius series..

Today we are releasing parts 1 and 2 of the introduction to blues program.

Here is a brief overview

The Blues is an American-born style of music that is popular, fun, and easy to play. Of course, it's roots go back to Africa and were carried across the ocean and into the plantation lives in the South a few centuries ago. In turn, it has spawned many of the styles we are familiar with today- including Gospel, R&B, Jazz, Rockabilly, and of course, Rock & Roll.

The earliest Rock & Roll songs were really just electric guitar versions of what had started as acoustic Blues down in the Mississippi River Delta area of the South. It has now evolved into a continuing influence on every generation of musicians around the world.

We start our own Blues journey with some basic lessons on typical chord progressions and common forms, starting with easy guitar chords and a discussion of the 12-Bar form.

Blues Volume 1
An Introduction to the Blues

Overview

Blues Volume 1 starts with a review of concepts and techniques that the student should be familiar with then goes through a series of lessons that introduce some common accompaniment styles for basic blues. This set of lessons is primarily focused on rhythm guitar playing.

Part 1: The Preliminaries

Our first chapter reviews and goes over some of the important definitions of terms and techniques that will be referred to in this set. The first step is a clear understanding of three of the fundamental components of music- melody, harmony, and rhythm. We also briefly look at strumming patterns and chord changing techniques.

Part 2: Simple 12-Bar Blues

This chapter talks about some of the different styles of Blues, paying particular attention to the 12-Bar category. If you can play three chords in the key of E (E7, A7, and B7), you are ready to string them together and strum along in this chapter.

All Target members can access these first two parts here..

Hope you enjoy this program

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... -the-blues

Please take a moment to give us a double thumbs up on You Tube and leave a comment

RicksPick

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Cool

Stick me with a pin and I'll bust
Thanks for all the wonderful things you bring.
Back off Holiday so much to catch up on.
Thanks

RicksPick

tovo

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:29 pm

As a big fan of the Blues I say thanks very much.

michelew

Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:30 pm

Very cool! Thanks.

lueders

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 pm

I concur with my esteemed colleagues, this is awesome! Thanks Matt & Neil, (HOMERUN!)

coomba

Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

Thanks for this,you lot over there just keep great stuff coming.
Love the blue's
Cheers Scott

tvarga

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:56 pm

I'm really looking forward to this series of lessons! Learning to play some blues lead guitar has always been a goal of mine.

BobR

Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:17 pm

Really Cool,

Thanks for the BLUES!!

sbutler

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:38 pm

There aren't enough o's in the word cool to describe where this could lead.

You guys are the best.

Scott

haoli25

Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:53 pm

Neil and Matt, you guys are the best! I have been waiting for this for a long time. Thanks.

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic