>> Newest Target Lesson - Acoustic Blues Genius series - introduction to blues - Parts 4 , 5 and 9

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:53 pm

Today we release parts 4, 5 and 9 of the new Acoustic Blues Genius - Introduction to Blues

It is now available for all Target members ..

Part 4: Intro to Power Chords

Power chords are one of the fundamental elements of Rock & Roll. In this segment we go through how to play a 12-Bar progression in the key of A using one-finger power chords using open strings as the root.

Part 5: The Blues Shuffle

The Blues Shuffle is a rhythm pattern applied to our 12-Bar Blues progression. The shuffle effect is created by playing in swing time, where the eighth notes of a beat are played unevenly, with the second eighth a little later than the midpoint of the beat.

The rhythm also includes the addition of the sixth note of the scale to the power chord in a style descended from early blues piano players. Allan’s Blues #1 should be printed to follow along with this chapter.

Part 9: Allan’s Blues #1 Play Along

A play along segment of Allan’s Blues #1. This song is explained in Part 5: The Blues Shuffle.

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... -the-blues

Please take a moment and give us the thumbs up in You Tube , and a comment

willem

Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm getting in the mood,,,''i got sevenhundred dollars,don't you mess with me'' Image', I got something to shuflle..

Lavallee

Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:31 pm

You guys are cooking!!!

Marc

leeson

Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:26 am

4,5 and 9?? Why 9?

I am already so far behind. Go TG!!!!!!

Bill

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic