>> Newest Target Lesson - Jimmy Buffett - A pirate looks at 40- ipod, iPad, Itouch ready

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Today's Target lesson is now live...

From Jimmy’s 1974 Album A1A, A Pirate Looks At 40 is an introspective ballad that follows a simple 12-Bar Progression in the key of G. This lesson includes various fingerpicking accompaniment techniques and really encourages the student to create their own arrangement with each performance.

There is also a segment on playing it in an Open G Tuning, along with a look at the way Jack Johnson covered it.

It is a level 4 song and is available now for all Target users.

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... /4695#song

If you are interested in the Pay Per Lesson version then click here..

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... &band=-890

Please remember to leave a comment and give us the You Tube thumbs up if you like the preview

guitardude7

Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Loving the Jimmy Buffet. How 'bout Cheeseburger in Paradise? Another great song but I believe all pretty much basic strumming (A Campfire song as Neil would say).

Peace :)

haoli25

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:08 pm

I am loving these Buffett tunes too. Thanks Matt and Neil.

blindshine

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:09 pm

There aren't many artists I would attempt to sing while playing guitar, but I have sung these songs so many times that I think I could solve differential equations while singing Buffett. He embodies a lifestyle I grew up around. Hmmmm...that brings up a question. Since I mainly play instrumental fingerstyle, when learning a song to sing, do you concentrate on the guitar proficiency before adding the lyrics? Guess I never thought much about it.

Michael

prawnpig

Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:56 pm

Hey Neil loving the Buffett lesson's been a fan for a long time saw him once in concert it was a great time, looking forward to more Buffett and what ever else you have coming up

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic