>> Newest Target Lesson - Chord solos - Volume 1 - A Guide to instrumental arranging

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:44 pm

Today's Lesson is part of a new program called Chord Solos..

This is designed to help you improvise and begin to build depth in your playing

It came as a direct result of some folk saying, why don't you teach me how Neil plays it with all the embellishments...

What most don't realize is that Neil is improvising and composing in realtime..

This is a skill that can be learned ...this is the first step in that Journey..

I think your going to like this. We feel it is pretty unique as a program..

Chord Solos Volume Volume 1 is a Guide to Instrumental Arranging

Overview

A Chord Solo is an instrumental arrangement of a song that incorporates the chord progression, the melody, and the rhythm and wraps them up into something playable by a solo guitarist. They also make great instrumental sections to a song you are singing, much like the original recording might include a lead break. This set of lessons introduces some of the concepts and techniques to get you started on this journey. It is designed to teach you how to make your own arrangements, not just play some that you may have heard.

Part 1: Introduction

Neil talks a bit about how he first got into instrumental playing as a young guitar student. He gives some examples of songs that can be done this way, although really any song can be arranged into an instrumental.

Part 2: Components & Techniques

This chapter goes over basic components to a song, and how the player must have a very clear idea of each of them individually before they can combine them into a solo. We will be working with *Lead Sheets*; simply a page of music representing only the melody and chord progression. We then take a look at some basic accompaniment techniques, strumming and fingerpicking, and how they will be used for creating solo arrangements.

Available now for all Target members...

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... nging#song

If you like the preview can you please give us a comment and thumbs up

willem

Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:59 pm

Hello,i've bin thru the introduction,,thanks for your story about how you went to a instrumental player,,its gonna be a place were you can find me to learn the technicks and see if i can fill my glass further(its a large one)..thanks again,,man,man,what a site..

BigBear

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

This lesson, or series of lessons is freakin' outstanding!! I've been waiting for this because this is exactly what I'm I'm trying to do with the guitar; chord soloing and basic accompaniment.

Great job guys! This is really exciting!! :cheer:

NKenny

Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Looking forward to these lessons, since I can't sing. It has happened to me many times, I would strum a song and friends would look at me like what song is that. It will be quite a challenge.

Kenny

Music Junkie

Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:13 pm

It looks as though these are going to be some great lessons. I appreciate you guys tackling them. Another bit of weaponry for our guitar arsenal..... B)

J

MarkM

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm

This is exactly what I need to add to my playing. Thank you for incorporating this into the lesson plan.

MarkM

haoli25

Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 pm

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Lavallee

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Just watched the first 2 segments and I am very excited by the idea of becoming self sufficient (eventually) with guitar playing.

Thanks for making this series

Marc

lueders

Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:47 pm

Man this is what it is all about! If I learn to do a tenth of the stuff that you plan to cover in this series, I will be elated! Wow! empowering us to develop (as Marc calls it) "guitar self-sufficiency," I love it! Now this is REALLY something, no way could you get this anywhere else.AWESOME!!!

thereshopeyet

Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:52 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic