>> Today's Target lesson - Walk this way (guitar solo) - Aerosmith - Guest teacher Stef

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Today we are bringing you another lesson from a guest teacher, a very special guest teacher, Stef Beddeson.

Stef started playing guitar when he was 12 years old, taking lessons from Neil. He continued through high school, then went to the Musician's Institute, a guitar school in
Southern California, before coming back to Northern California where he began teaching with Neil at Joplin& Sweeney Music in Los Gatos. He later became MattB's second guitar teacher, focusing more on electric guitar.

Our first lesson from Stef is Walk This Way by Aerosmith and it covers the Intro Riff, the Verse, the Chorus, and the Outro Riff. We may continue with the guitar solos if there is enough interest...

It is a Level 5 and available now for all Target users..

Hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... s-way#song

If you like the preview please give it the thumbs up and a comment

haoli25

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks, Stef, and welcome to TG. I have always been a fan of Joe Perry. Just wish he had found a better group to play with. :)

Bill

Music Junkie

Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks Stef! It will be nice to get more riffs, solos and general electric work to choose from. Nice presentation.

J

guitardude7

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Yes, please. Solos please. Pretty please.

Love the lesson. If other people are interested in having him break down the solos, please chime in and let them know. I have an accurate tab book but always had trouble with getting the timing right on the verse. Breaking it up and then putting it together really helped me. I have the same problem with learning solos in terms of which fingers to use to fret certain notes. Especially when there are shifts in positions.

Peace :)

Lavallee

Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi Stef,

Welcome to TG, just watch the complete lesson and I loved it. I have been nibbling at this song for a while but never came out correctly. I like the counting your putting in the riff and the the emphasis on stroke direction. I could never do the verse properly, I am looking forward to work on the lesson. I like the fact that you obviously know the song inside out and you teach it well. Electric guitar is about groove and you sure can do.

Looking forward to your next lesson.

Marc

gchapel

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:01 pm

I just watched Stef's lesson and loved it! Please TG include more electric guitar solos and techniques. I love Neil's acoustic lessons but there is definitely a different technique to make an electric guitar sound correct. I really want to learn more electric guitar lead work. Stef seems like the perfect fit for Totally Guitars. Thanks again Stef for the great lesson.
:woohoo:

webtvdan

Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:53 pm

Welcome Stef,

Suggestion – begin your lessons with a “Play Through” - that’s part of what makes Neil’s lessons superb.

Like to know exactly what I’m going to be able to play after learning the lesson.

Dan

Lavallee

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:06 am

I am with Dan, a play through would help a lot

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic