>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Violent Femmes - Blister in the sun

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Hey all

Today's lesson is a blast back to my college days..it was an anthem song for about 15 years....

Blister In The Sun is from 1982, the Violent Femmes debut album. The ong is a short, catchy riff in the key of G, with some fast strumming
over easy chords. This is a good song to work on a relatively easy set of techniques that are made difficult because of the speed needed.

It is a level 3 and available now for all Target members and folk who want the Pay Per Lesson..

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ent-femmes

sws626

Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Wow! I really wasn't expecting this one. Great song & great lesson.
Thanks,
-Stuart

lueders

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Matt, what did you have to do get this thing made into a lesson?
Man, that was shocking...seeing Neil Hogan playing Blister.

Lot of nostalgia on this one for me, too Matt. This is one of the first songs I tried to learn on acoustic guitar. Glad to see I've basically been playing it correctly all these years. I got into the Femmes in college, like a lot of people did I think. I always liked them because they were from "Mad town" Madison, Wisconsin. (A good mid western college town)

How about American Music? Lies, perhaps? (Sorry, being greedy>)

dennisg

Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Never in a million years would I have predicted you'd release a lesson for this song. I'd have put my money on "Afternoon delight" or "Yummy yummy yummy I've got love in my tummy" before seeing "Blister in the sun."

Violent Femmes: saw them in person at Seattle's Bumbershoot Festival.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic