>> Newest complete free lesson -Hunters and Collectors - Throw your arms around me

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:17 pm

Today we are releasing another complete free lesson by an Australian icon Band, Hunters and Collectors..

I grew up with this band and others similar like Midnight Oil, The Church, The Angels, Models, Mondo Rock, Icehouse and of course INXS..

Throw Your Arms Around Me by Hunters And Collectors is a great example of a simple Campfire song; 3 open chords and a basic strumming pattern.

This is a song Eddie Vedder performs quite often in concert. (he picked it up from Neil Finn who used to play it as a cover at Crowded House concerst)

It is a level 1 so everyone can knock this one out..

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/free-guit ... ssons#song

Make sure you vote and leave a comment if you like the preview

tovo

Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:54 pm

Hunters and Collectors will not be widely known but they are an iconic Australian band who always managed to stay true to their roots and refused to bend over for record companies, consequently I don't think they were as big as they deserved to be.

Check out "Holy Grail" on Youtube as well.

It's a real pleasant surprise to see a few Australian/New Zealand bands popping up, I for one sure appreciate it.

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:32 pm

tovo wrote:
Hunters and Collectors will not be widely known but they are an iconic Australian band who always managed to stay true to their roots and refused to bend over for record companies, consequently I don't think they were as big as they deserved to be.

Check out "Holy Grail" on Youtube as well.

It's a real pleasant surprise to see a few Australian/New Zealand bands popping up, I for one sure appreciate it.
Tony will be pleased to have noted The 'Hunnas' as the name was affectionately abbreviated to have no association with NZ other than they were hugely popular here. Makes a change eh! Rare I know a genuinely Aussie band with no Kiwi infiltrators lol

BobR

Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 pm

Really nice tune. I will definitely be checking this one out.

Thanks TG

Bob

thereshopeyet

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:44 am

Thanks

michelew

Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:56 pm

This is a cool song and a good one for an Aussie to have in their repertoire. I never realized that it was a three chord song, so I think I'll be adding it to my strumming mission.

Thanks Matt and Neil. For a second there I thought this might be the start of an Aussie/NZ week.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic