>> New Target program -Acoustic Genius series - Country Blues - Volume 1 - Lesson 1

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:46 pm

Here is today's new Target program and part of our extension into Blues ..

Now available to all Target members and as a streaming package..

The course is presented in 6 multi-part sections; an Introduction and 5 Lessons, and includes over 3 hours of detailed instruction and information.

Country Blues Guitar Volume 1 is a course designed to give you the tools and develop the techniques needed to play fingerstyle acoustic blues in the styles of the early masters; Blind Lemon Jefferson, Robert Johnson, Reverend Gary Davis, Blind Blake, Blind Boy Fuller, Big Bill Broonzy, and Mississippi John Hurt to name a few, as well as those by the next generation; Jorma Kaukonen (Hot Tuna), Stefan Grossman, Dave Van Ronk, David Bromberg, and many others.

Even if you have just started playing the guitar, you will be able work methodically through the set of lessons, and with practice be well on the path to playing a variety of songs from the world of acoustic country blues. Many songs from the genre will be within your grasp as you progress, and by the end you will have the tools and techniques needed to play classics like Candyman, Cocaine Blues, That’ll Never Happen No More, Hey Hey, Sally Where’d You Get Your Liquor, Keep On Truckin’, I Am The Light Of This World, Spike Driver Blues, and even fairly difficult pieces like Policy Blues and Hesitation Blues. You will even start to understand how to take a chord progression and make it your own with a little knowledge of key signatures, blues scales, and improvising techniques.

The *Introduction* starts with an overview of the entire volume, continues with a bit of blues theory regarding key signatures and common chord progressions, and concludes with a brief discussion on some of the players who popularized the style.

*Lesson 1* covers some basic concepts and techniques, starting with an explanation of the shuffle rhythm commonly used in blues, continuing with discussion and demonstrations of right hand positions and techniques, and then heading into some left hand techniques like string bending and vibrato. This lesson then introduces some exercises to get you started on keeping a steady bass pattern going while playing a few simple licks. Even an absolute beginner could master Exercise #1 with a little practice. The subsequent exercises expand on the first and are followed by Play Along segments for each one, all done with a metronome to help develop good rhythmic techniques and habits.

Hope you enjoy this newest program addition to TG ...

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... a-lesson-1

If you are interested in the package click here

http://www.totallyguitars.com/online-gu ... band=-3950

. Image

. Image

. Image

TGMatt

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Here is a preview for you
if you like it please leave a message and vote for us at YouTube

karl01

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm

FANTASTIC

Karl

MarkM

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 pm

Oh this is going to be fun!!!!! Thanksgiving Turkey, Football and this!!!!!!!!

MarkM

haoli25

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:38 pm

TG just keeps getting better and better. Thanks for this one guys.

Bill

tombo1230

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:45 pm

Waw!! just brilliant!

Tom N.

sbutler

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:50 pm

Well Matt, country blues lessons was going to be my next guess as to what is coming up.

You believe that don't you?

Thanks

Scott

Chasplaya

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:53 pm

Absolutely fabulous, just a shame I'm at work and can't play any of these . Home time won't come soon enough.

Pacem148

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 pm

What a great edition to the Acoustic Genius Series! Thanks.

Paul

leeson

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:57 pm

My poor Thanksgiving guests are going to be abandoned as I cloister myself in my room and get going on this. I am SO excited! Thanks again TG!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic