>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release- I Believe In Father Christmas Guitar Lesson - ELP/Greg Lake

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per release is just in time for Christmas..

As ELP was winding down the first phase of their career in 1974, Greg recorded a solo single that has become a seasonal standard, I Believe In Father Christmas. This piece is also done in Dropped D and uses a simple set of 2-finger chords working their way down the neck. He plays this with the hybrid picking technique but it can be done with standard fingerstyle technique as well.

It is a Level 5 hope you enjoy it

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -lake#song

Lavallee

Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Neil, I was listening to the preview and I noticed how much your singing has improved. Not that it was bad before, but I could feel that you had to strain your voice sometimes. On this song particularly, I find that you are singing without any effort on your voice and you sound very good. I will reconsider singing based on your example as like playing guitar on a regular basiis , singing regularly with enthousiasm obviously can improve one"s performance. You will need to reconsider singing on your gigs

Very enjoyable.

Marc

Chasplaya

Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:48 pm

Great lesson. Although I now have a painful right hand middle finger with repeating this.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:13 am

Fabulous lesson... and I noticed the improved singing on Undun too.

michelew

Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:31 am

Chasplaya wrote:
Great lesson. Although I now have a painful right hand middle finger with repeating this.
Now best not to go around showing off your sore finger Chas. People might get the wrong idea, specially from a distance. :P :evil: :whistle: (...sorry I couldn't resist...)

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:36 am

michelew wrote:
Chasplaya wrote:
Now best not to go around showing off your sore finger Chas. People might get the wrong idea, specially from a distance. :P :evil: :whistle: (...sorry I couldn't resist...)
Michele really I'm shocked and dismayed that you would think like that :ohmy: :whistle: :lol:

I tried this song on my 12 string but its a bit brutal for that, now the fingers on both hands are sore so you get a double Johnny cash finger look now.

neverfoundthetime

Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:12 pm

Woha! Michele getting frisky? Easy girl! :side:

michelew

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:15 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
...halo slipped, girl guide uniform in the wash, abducted by aliens a replaced by alternate-Michele, practicing getting frisky (got to start somewhere), ... keeping you guessing... take your pick.

Chasplaya

Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:20 pm

michelew wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
...halo slipped, girl guide uniform in the wash, abducted by aliens a replaced by alternate-Michele, practising getting frisky (got to start somewhere), ... keeping you guessing... take your pick.
I'll guess abducted by aliens, you've certainly got E T's long fingers for playing....hmm explains your prowess on the fingerboards eh!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic