>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Ocean Gypsy - Renaissance

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:37 am

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is Ocean Gypsy by Renaissance.

As many of you know, Neil has quite an attraction to classic progressive rock, particularly that which falls into the 'symphonic' category. Renaissance would be the band he most closely identifies with in that genre and today we are bringing you a strumming version of one of only a few songs of theirs that can be done in an almost 'campfire' style.

Ocean Gypsy was released on their 1975 album Scheherazade And Other Stories. The song features a complex chord progression and a classical solo piano section but can be strummed and sung with a little alternate picking in the intro.

It is a Level 5, Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... enaissance

wrench

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 pm

I recommend this lesson highly to all my TG friends.

Neil's musical genius and teaching genius both shine brightly on this one. This piece is not only gut-wrenching beautiful, but the level Neil presents this is probably easily playable quickly by nearly, if not all, of the folks I know on TG. If Neil had presented this in a more advanced state, it may be out of the immediate reach of some of us. For those of us who developed a little theory and skills, we can advance it ourselves.

I will play this song every day until I die, maybe improving it a few notes at a time until I get as close as I can to a symphony on one guitar. Progressive rock is just really cool that way. What an awesome beautiful piece and what an awesome job Neil did with this lesson.

willem

Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:56 pm

wrench wrote:
I recommend this lesson highly to all my TG friends.

Neil's musical genius and teaching genius both shine brightly on this one. This piece is not only gut-wrenching beautiful, but the level Neil presents this is probably easily playable quickly by nearly, if not all, of the folks I know on TG. If Neil had presented this in a more advanced state, it may be out of the immediate reach of some of us. For those of us who developed a little theory and skills, we can advance it ourselves.

I will play this song every day until I die, maybe improving it a few notes at a time until I get as close as I can to a symphony on one guitar. Progressive rock is just really cool that way. What an awesome beautiful piece and what an awesome job Neil did with this lesson.

Thanks Dan,, it's gonna be time you post a video again,,a gut-wrenching beautiful video,,keep playing friend..

BigBear

Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:36 pm

YES!!!! FANTASTIC !!! Thanks Neil for this song from my second favorite group of all time (just behind Pink Floyd). What a treat! The other 20 songs I'm working on will just have to wait. LOL!

Thank you again!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic