>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Behind Blue Eyes Guitar Lesson - The Who

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per lesson release is now live Behind Blue Eyes Guitar Lesson by The Who.

As a follow-up to Tommy, Pete Townsend embarked on another opera-type project called Lifehouse. It never really materialized but some of the songs written for it appeared in 1971 on Who's Next. Behind Blue Eyes has some different parts that use a wide variety of techniques.

It opens with arpeggiated picking over chords in the key of E minor, followed with some basic strumming through the chorus, then adds a short sample of Pete's signature double-time strum, before changing modes and rocking out a bit. This has been one of our most requested lessons for quite a while.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... e-who.html

tgjameela

Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Wow, speaking of coincedence, I bumped into the preview of this song on Youtube todáy, really today, wich was recorded quite a while ago by Neil, and here it is! haha, that's funny!

However, great song and great to see if I'm playing it right! ;)

Craig

Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:44 am

YEA! This is the song that originally brought me to Target and Neil and this incredible site over a year ago! When I got here, there was so much exciting content that I kind of forgot about "Behind Blue Eyes"! :laugh: Now, after a year of so much fun, I'm finally going to learn the song that brought me here!
Thanks TG,
Craig

Music Junkie

Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm

Saw the thread this morning at work, and got very excited! Yeah. Watched it briefly just now and really am looking forward to giving this one a go. Great song and yet another top notch lesson.

Thanks Neil and the rest of the TG gang!

Jason

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic