>> New "Fly On the Wall" series - Target only - Take it easy - Fred

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:20 pm

Today's Target release is for Target members only ..

This 'reality' lesson features Neil's student Fred working on the syncopated strumming pattern that opens Take It Easy. Be sure to check this out, especially if you have been having trouble with this
complicated intro to an otherwise simple song.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -easy.html

. Image

thereshopeyet

Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:38 pm

Thanks

Hydroman52

Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:37 am

Fred,

Thanks for sharing this lesson. You grasped the concept of the intro rather quickly. I have "wasted" hours (actually, it's never really a waste of time . . . all worth while in the end) trying to figure out these details. Watching your video feels like cheating. You and Neil have decoded it and now I don't have to bang my head against the wall trying to work through it alone. I can't tell you how many times I've picked this up, got frustrated, and set it down unsolved. Good job! There are many others that will benefit.

Neil,

The "Fly On the Wall" series is a great help. I know that this is a learning experience for you guys at TG, too. Everything is here . . . . . good sound, good lighting, TG sign centered in the background, music stand not blocking anything, and probably a zillion other things to think of . . . . . . but . . . . . . Fred's fretting hand was off picture. It wasn't too critical in this video, because it was mostly about strumming patterns. Next time, perhaps, you could turn the student's chair a little more toward you and get the entire guitar in the frame without messing anything up. The other side of the coin is that these come across as impromptu sessions and not a performance. I would prefer to see two people just sit down, relax, and concentrate on the music rather than worry about blocking, staging, make-up, etc. That's how it happens on my part of the planet . . . . that's the magic of "Fly On the Wall", and that's all I have for now.

Thanks again for this video,

Hydroman52

Fred

Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Thanks to all for the words of encouragement!! I watched the the video a few times and thought "man, I'm making this real difficult!!" After some furhter practice, I'm happy to say that at last night's lesson with Neil, we did a jam on this and I got the inverted strum down and transitioned into the traditional strum without a hitch! At the end of my time with Neil, we did the intro one last time and I got it again. I'm confident that I have this now and if for some reason I forget, I know where to go for a refresher!!!!

Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic