New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - P.F.M., River Of Life

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMike

Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Everyone,

Matt is on the road so i'm posting up today's lesson announcement....

*River Of Life*is Progressive Rock tune from the Italian band PFM. This lesson goes over the introduction, which is really a short classical guitar piece that becomes Baroque like with the addition of piano, bass and flute or violin (depending on the band line up at the time).

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-songs/pfm/river-of-life-guitar-lesson.html

[video type=youtube]FiO8FAJ9qWA[/video]

[video type=youtube]3ydE5xmXkL8[/video]

Enjoy,
Mike

Edit - PFM is the best band Neil has introduced me to in my humble opinion , go and have a real look dive in, listen to 14 minute songs that are masterpeices

Cheers

(Matt from the road)

ramazzoli

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:04 am

wow...pfm...i thought i was the only person who knew about them (me and the guy who told me about them). i used to play them on the college radio in the heyday of progrock...renaissance, steeleye span, etc. great library and fund of knowledge you've got there, neil. guess i'm showing my age.

r

TGNeil

Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:53 am

Thanks for checking in on PFM. I think many of us who appreciated them at the time felt a bit disconnected when talking about them as they were way outside the box. I haven't even started talking about Steeleye Span here as they are in the same boat in a completely different direction but I will never part with my copy of Ten Man Mop autographed by Maddy Prior.

Neil

ramazzoli

Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:00 am

neil, you rock with premiata forneria marconi (i used to listen to scot muni and alison steele, the nightbird, on wnew in college, when fm was REALLY fm and progrock ruled. they had a great playlist, and annie haslam was a staple). great website that i've only recently discovered. gotta tell ya, i've been fighting the guitar a lot longer than i'd care to admit (close to 40yrs) and i felt like i'd plateaued at "beginning intermediate" or maybe "intermediate beginner". have tried to do some chet with various success, but i've always been proud that i figured out blackbird on my own way back when....you make it easy to progress. your library is the songs i came of age with thru hs and college, but with a lot of good new stuff, and are just fun to play and learn. i'm finally feeling like i've broken thru the plateau. love your doobies/pat simmons stuff and jorma (loved hot tuna). would love to see clear as the driven snow...i know how i play it from watching the youtube, but i'd love to learn it correctly.

your lessons have a great mix of theory and "now this is how you do it...leave this finger anchored. and don't play it the same way twice; improvise."....keep up the great work.

robb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic