>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Where Are You Going -Dave Matthews

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:49 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson is now live

Another great strumming song from Dave Matthews, Where Are You Going appeared on the Dave Matthews Band album Busted Stuff in 2002. It uses some of his typical extended chords, ones with notes outside the normal major, minor and seventh combinations, is strummed with a basic pattern hitting bass notes on beat one.

The lesson presents the chords in tab and generally addresses the strumming without getting too specific.

Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Matt
http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:58 pm

This looks cool thanks.

I hadn't come across Dave Matthews before and I'm enjoying his music.

I started learning Crash which sounds great too, but after looking at the lyrics...hmmm...well I don't think I'll be able to sing it. So this looks like a better candidate.

thanks

M

TGNeil

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:24 pm

Michele,

I have to say Dave comes up with some pretty cool guitar stuff, and as far as his lyrics... he comes up with some pretty cool guitar stuff. Maybe I have spent too much time looking at the Positive/Negative thread but I guess I could go out on a limb and say he comes up with some pretty cool guitar stuff.

Also, before anybody calls the Spot The Slip Police, there is no lyric sheet attached to Crash Into Me because... he comes up with... well, you get the idea.

Glad you liked Where Are You Going!

Neil

michelew

Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:36 pm

I know what you mean Neil. Have to say I was a little disappointed when I realised there wouldn't be a chance in hell that i could sing this ... well anywhere.

Still it's about the music. And it's still fun learning the song.

ta

Michele

AcousticAl

Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:49 pm

This is one of those great songs that I'll have to leave for a while.

Very tough, tiring stretches (as Neil mentioned in the lesson).

Dave sure is good live though. Great clip!

**Edit-- Oops! I meant 'Crash into Me' was the toughie with the wicked stretches. Will see about this one.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic