>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Do You Love Me Guitar Lesson - Guster

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:00 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson is now live .

Guster has been putting out some catchy tunes over the last decade, most of which could be considered Campfire Songs and feature acoustic guitars using simple strumming patterns. Their 2010 album Easy Wonderful included *Do You Love Me*, a great example of their up-beat pop sound.

This lesson is done in a ‘Work It Out’ format, where the first few video segments focus on ear training and figuring out the chord progression yourself. If you decide to try this approach, I recommend not looking at the chart until you have gone through ear training segments. The entire song is taught completely and in the usual manner in the last segment.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

michelew

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:11 pm

Very cute. If I'm not mistaken, that looks like a happy love song. Hmm... A rare beast indeed.

Thanks.

Michele

willem

Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:27 pm

Funny song,,but i know it already for many many years,,oh i mean that she loves me...

EDIT,,i tryed the ear training/puzzle but could'nt find them but glad i tryed..

lueders

Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Neil, I thought this was really, really cool the way you presented this lesson! What an invaluable skill to be able to play songs off of records! (Just like you do... Well, maybe someday day we could be like you.)
i love this!! It teaches us to directly apply a little theory and learn composition skills.
I hope other folks enjoy this as much as I did.
I love the idea of the puzzle and solution thing. I dig that you teach this stuff from all these different angles.
You really are a master teacher and not just because of this. Okay, enough gushing...Thanks

Cori

thereshopeyet

Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Thanks

Craig

Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:25 pm

I like the "puzzle" lesson. I've never really tried to do that before. It challenged me and I got some parts correct, which I was very pleased with (and surprized with! :laugh: ). By coincidence, I just watched Daryl Hall's web show, Live from Daryl's House. This month's guest is Guster! If you're a fan of Daryl Hall or Guster, it's worth checking out.
Thanks,
Craig

millponddave

Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:34 pm

Neil,
I enjoyed the puzzle a lot, although I was able to tell what a couple of the chords were by watching the Guster video. I was able however, to figure out what was coming up next by listening, and knowing what chords were in the key. Bottom line, it was a lot of fun and I hope that you do some more of this type of lesson. It really makes me think about the relationship of chords in various keys.

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic