Update to Angie - Chord Solo added

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGNeil

Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Gang,

Quite a while back I started on the project of trying to add either additional videos or at least tab to chord solos that were done as Play Through segments to some lessons. Instead of getting to individual songs I created the Chord Solos Volume 1 set of lessons, fully intending to go back to most of the lessons that were in that category (Wild Horses, Angie, Ripple, Who'll Stop The Rain...). I seem to remember getting to Wild Horses and then getting sidetracked with tons of new, fun songs on the agenda. In the interest of continuing to add cool stuff and offer a wider variety of lessons I have gotten back on that track in a small way with writing out an example of one approach to Angie. This is not exactly like the Play Through in the original lesson, but pretty similar. I am calling these tabs Chord Solo Outlines and there is one added as an attachment to the Angie lesson now.Take a look and give it a try if you are interested, and be sure to let me know what you think.

Angie Guitar Lesson

Neil

suziko

Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks, Neil! I'm very excited to start working on this. I've been playing Angie recently, and adding the chord solo will be great. This is exactly the kind of thing I'm enjoying doing lately.

Suzi

AcousticAl

Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:32 pm

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!

(thanks Neil)

dtaylor

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Thank you so much Neil, I can't wait to get started on this.

Dean

willem

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Just great,,i like measer 10,,,,well the others measer's too..

sbutler

Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:51 pm

Neil,

Even though most of these songs are embedded in my mind and I can pick out the melody on my own, and the theory is simple enough to me, I seem to struggle with being able to do these kinds of things (up to speed anyway).

Angie is one of the first songs I worked on when I joined you, I was actually playing it just now as I scrolled through the site to see what was new today.

So HECK yes, I'm happy with a lesson on CHORD SOLO OUTLINES / ANGIE.

Maybe I'll make some headway again.

Scott

millponddave

Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:24 pm

Neil,

You guys keep adding so much material I don't know what project to start next, but I sure am having fun. (and learning a lot)
Keep it up!

Dave

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic