>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - White Rabbit - The Jefferson Airplane

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per lesson release is now live .

In 1967 the so-called ‘Summer Of Love’ took place in California, specifically in San Francisco. The Jefferson Airplane was one of the main bands that were part of a developing sound now considered Psychedelic Rock. White Rabbit was written by Grace Slick while she with another band, The Great Society, and it is certainly one most identified with the time.

It uses an unusual set of 6 major chords set to a hypnotic, bolero –type rhythm, an eastern-influenced opening lead played by Jorma Kaukonen, and fantasy lyrics based on Lewis Carroll’s Alice In Wonderland. In the lesson we look at both the rhythm and lead guitar parts.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

lueders

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 pm

A sincere thank you, Neil. i have wanted to get this song down so long. Now it is within reach. Great lesson!!!

BigBear

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Great song Neil!! Talk about bringing back memories! We played this and Somebody to Love in my rock band in high school. Always a big hit. I haven't played it in years.

Thanks for another classic! Any Quicksilver Messenger Service in the pipeline? lol!

TGNeil

Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 pm

I'm torn between The Fool and Edward, The Mad Shirt Grinder. Although either would probably need about 60 votes on the Recommend A Lesson list...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic