>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Season Of The Witch - Donovan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:07 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live

The psychedelic sound was not confined to the West Coast of California. Across the Atlantic, Donovan Leitch, who had already released two folk albums, became one of the first London musicians to adopt the sound and join the Flower Power brigade.

His first recording with an electric guitar was *Season Of The Witch*, and although the ripples were not as big as the reaction to Dylan going electric, the times certainly were changing. This is really just a two-chord jam with almost improvised lyrics and the lesson talks about creating strumming patterns, transposing a chord progression to other keys, thoughts on lead playing using the Pentatonic Minor scale, and even includes a Jam Along segment.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

neverfoundthetime

Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:21 am

Ah ha! So the Britt psychodelic is Donovan... thought so (normally, I don't have a clue)! I thought it might have been Sunshine Superman but I'll take what I can get here... thanks! ;-)

carpet

Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Hey, glad to see some Donovan stuff finally made it up here, but if you'll allow me to get all nationalistic for a mo... there were plenty of references to him being an English musician, but...

...he wasn't / isn't... he's Scottish, from Glasgow. - just like Berty bhoy (Bert Jansch). Two of my cities main musical prides, in my eyes (or ears) anyway.

PS John Renbourn is playing the Renfrew Ferry in April - can't wait!!!

neverfoundthetime

Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:10 pm

You know how it is Carpet, if he's good at something he's British, if he's crap, he's Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish!! Unless he's Crap and English, then he's British.

So when Andy Murray wins Wimbledon, he'll be well and truly British! ;-)

tombo1230

Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:13 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
You know how it is Carpet, if he's good at something he's British, if he's crap, he's Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish!! Unless he's Crap and English, then he's British.

So when Andy Murray wins Wimbledon, he'll be well and truly British! ;-)
How very true! :angry: :lol:

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic