>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Incense And Peppermints- Mark Weitz and Ed King

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 pm

Today's Pay Per lesson and Target release is now live

Much of the music we consider the soundtrack to the ‘Summer Of Love’ was created by bands based in Southern California. The Strawberry Alarm Clock might be classified by many as a ‘one hit wonder’ with their catchy tune Incense And Peppermints.

With music written by Mark Weitz and Ed King (later of Lynyrd Skynyrd), its cryptic lyrics, heavy organ sound, and poppy background vocals epitomize the sound of Psychedelic Rock. It is a good example of many songs of the time that used disjointed chord progressions (not necessarily from a single key), many different parts, and layers of sound for a colorful effect. This lesson goes over the rhythm guitar and chord progressions.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

BigBear

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Neil- I'm in Hog Heaven!! It's BigBear week with White Rabbitt, In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, and Incense and Peppermint!

Awesome '60's classics!! Such great memories.

Thanks Neil, that is just too much fun in one week! This, on top of Prog Rock Week, is just an embarrassment of riches.

Yahoo!! :laugh:

haoli25

Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Damn Rick, you really are old. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BigBear

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:01 am

haoli25 wrote:
Damn Rick, you really are old. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes sir, I am!! And I feel every minute of it! I need to play these old tunes while I still remember them. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic