>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Wond’ring Aloud - Jethro Tull

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
BigBear

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:16 pm

Dan-

The subject of song difficulty is a fun, but mostly meaningless, exercise. I would hate to have someone look at a level 7, like this one, and not take it on because they don't feel they are ready yet.

Like Neil says difficulty is pretty subjective, as you've also pointed out. But I've been working on Windy & Warm, a level 7 song, for several months and it's given me fits. I can play all the notes but making them sound "musical" has been challenging. But I will conquer that song if it kills me!! It might!

The really cool thing Neil does, and no one else attempts, is to give the tough version and then show how to make it a Campfire song. That makes it really fun for everyone. Neil makes a really good point that Won'ring Aloud is much harder to sing (typical Ian Anderson song!) while you play. I got all the runs down pretty tight in an hour but singing and playing them together is expodentially harder than either one alone.

Song level difficulty is definately more art than science! :cheer:

MarkM

Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:22 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
This is another great Jethro Tull Lesson.

Thanks Neil

More good memories of time in Ireland.

PS

I just noticed this went up 8 hours ago..... does nobody else like Jethro Tull?

Yeah..... I've been known to listen to a few Tull songs every now and again.............

Now I'm going to have to relearn these songs.....ouch........................

MarkM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic