>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Patience - Guns N' Roses

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
sbutler

Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Neil,

Somehow, I think you must know exactly where I'm at with my learning, because I really needed and enjoyed this lesson. I know its been out a couple of days, but I just now (wed the 9th) sat down to work on this. I really really like this type of challenge right now.

I figured out every chord except one with out your clues. A maj was the only one to trip me up for some reason. But with more lessons like this, I'll come right along.

Thanks a million,

Scott

thereshopeyet

Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:15 pm

Thanks

cosmicmechanic

Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:03 pm

Haha, very well Dermot, you got them! :cheer:

I have to admit that I'm not sure in what key the song is, it's not C, could be G or D, but it 'feels' like G to me....

Then again, in the outro, it réally 'feels' like D.

Who knows the answer? :dry:

Cheers

Ness

thereshopeyet wrote:
Thanks Neil

I worked out the chords G,G A D of C major in the verse and C G C Em of the Chorus that was as far as I got.
I know they are basic chords but was surprised to work out even that.

What scale would it be though? as Cmaj would have 1 Cmaj 5 Gmaj 6 Amin and 2 Dmin a chords in the key of C.

I didn't work out the chord embellishments or .....strum. (which I should know as :blush: )
I was working on Every Rose Has It's Thorn.... how deaf am I as the strum is similar.

If you are doing another of these ear puzzle / work it out lessons... could you keep a couple at about the same level.

Maybe I'll get further the next time.

I am going to go back over it again... although it will be different having heard /seen the answers.... I know what I was thinking at the time.

Thanks Again

Dermot

mark

Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:37 pm

I would say that it is in the key of C with one out of key chord in there (D).
Both the verse and chorus start on C, so that would seem to support that.

The outro conflicts with that so maybe its just one of those songs which doesn't really fit in just one key.

I'd be interested in what Neil has to say

Chasplaya

Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:25 pm

I'm guessing as most component parts resolve in D its Key of D, then again it could be....

thereshopeyet

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Thanks

slinger

Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Hey Dermot!

I'm sure you know, a song wich starts or finishes with a certain chord doesn't mean that that is the key we're talking about here...Neil has stated often that if you 'feel' a song resolves to a chord in particular, it is usually the key of the song......In this one, it's definitely not Cmajor (if it is, I quit.....I don't know what I'd quit :ohmy: )...it is not a resolving chord, and actually Dmajor isn't either......Gmajor indeed is...and using an Amaj as a II-chord is óften done in songs.....then again, in the outro everything changes, the strumming, the rhythm and álso the key, Dmajor has suddenly become a I-chord and G an IV-chord...

But honestly, I'd like Neil to jump into this one!

Ness

thereshopeyet wrote:
Hello Chas

I am not sure ...... C Maj chord..... is not in the key of D ...... it's C# Dim.

I was thrown because it starts with C...... but C major key doesn't fit either..... which has a D minor and A minor in it.

But as you point out it finishes on D.

The Chords in Key of D major are:................ D maj, Emin, F#min, Gmaj, Amaj, Bmin, C#Dim

All the chords used in the song are:-............. Cmaj Gmaj Amaj Dmaj Em

The Chords in C Major are:........................... C maj, D min, Emin, Fmaj, Gmaj, A min, B Dim

The Chords in G Major are:- ...................................G Maj, A min, B min, C Major, D Major, E minor, F Dim....... but it has an A minor in it.

I am not sure what the quickest way to figue out the key.... except to work my way through all the keys.... a tad long winded!

There must be an easier way..... I am probably overlooking something.

Confused ... yes!! :S

thereshopeyet

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:37 pm

Thanks

Laszlo

Mon May 28, 2012 2:53 am

Hi,

Does anybody know where can I find the GNR songs on TG? I remember that Sweet Child of Mine and Patience had already been published but I cannot see them anywhere. Disappeared? Or I missed something?

Thanks
Laci

thereshopeyet

Mon May 28, 2012 3:00 am

Hello Laszlo

I've had a look on the master menu and searched lessons and can't find Guns N Roses either.

Maybe best option is to drop support a ticket.

They'll be in some Corner of TG.

:)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic