>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Walk don't run - The Ventures

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live

A popular sound of the 1960s came to be known as Surf Music. This usually featured the simple arrangement of a catchy melody played by two guitars (lead & rhythm), bass, and drums. The Ventures were one of the first instrumental groups on the scene, although they soon branched out into many different styles.

Their version of *Walk Don’t Run*, released in 1960, was written by Johnny Smith in 1955, recorded by Chet Atkins two years later, and went on to become a defining anthem of the times and the sound.

Neil likes to use the rhythm parts this song as a barre chord exercise for beginners and the lead sections as intermediate exercises to work on steady alternate picking and playing scales.

This lesson works on both aspects.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

ceaser67

Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:13 pm

looks a fun song,looking forward to this one
Thamks Neil
Youre scottish STUDENT (friend) lol
Tommy

sbutler

Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:15 pm

Neil,

My older sister had everyone of those albums up to and including the Hawaii 50 album...

I can confess right here and now, every time I had a chance, I would hold on to that album cover and STARE. Sometimes for hours.

Hey, in 1969, that's what I did mostly. This song really brings back lots of memories for me.

Its an honorable addition to the TG library.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:40 am

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic