>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Stray Cat Strut - The Stray Cats

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:27 pm

Today's Target and pay per lesson release is now live

The Stray Cats came on the scene in the early 1980s with a sound that was more 1950s and brought new life to the Rockabilly style that was so popular then. They found better acceptance in the UK than the US before an American record company would talk to them but then had quite a string of hits over the next few years.

Stray Cat Strut is one of their signature songs, and although Brian Setzer is partial to the electric guitar, it transfers very nicely to the ‘unplugged’ version that Neil does in this lesson. The lesson goes over the rhythm guitar accompaniment to the vocal sections, as well as acoustic versions of all the main leads.

Hope you enjoy this

CHeers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

lueders

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 pm

COOL DADD-IO! Wow, maybe someday ( and I stress the "someday") I can play this.

Brian Setzer is one of the best guitarists and so very criminally underrated...Thanks Neil!

TGNeil

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:50 pm

Cori-

Thanks for the comments. There probably won't be many of his tunes here but I couldn't resist this one.

Neil

michelew

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:09 pm

I love this song. Thanks Neil.

Looks like a tasty marshmallow to me.

Michele

suziko

Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:56 pm

This does look really cool. And even if I just learned the rhythm part, I'd be really happy.

sbutler

Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Come on Neil,

How can you keep such a straight face (at the end of the preview) after having so much fun?

That is a really cool song. I figure if you keep going at this rate, I'll have to live another 100 yrs to get all these songs down.

Great job!!!

Scott

Lavallee

Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:59 pm

Wow, this is a fantastic lesson. What a play through. I can easily the 8 and more on this song.

Wow again

Marc

willem

Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:03 am

lueders wrote:
COOL DADD-IO! Wow, maybe someday ( and I stress the "someday") I can play this.

Brian Setzer is one of the best guitarists and so very criminally underrated...Thanks Neil!

COOL DADD-IO!!,,that's how you got this tune Cori,,,atleast a swingin tune on TG and I LIKE-IT-A...UP WITH MY TAIL IN THE AIR..

sws626

Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:23 pm

Awesome tune and a great style of music to hear on the acoustic guitar. Maybe we can look forward to a series on rockabilly? Visible in this video if you look closely, Setzer has a great hidden plectrum technique where he stores it away in his index finger while fingerpicking. I couldn't figure out where it had come from when I first saw this.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic