>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - If you could read my mind - Gordon Lightfoot

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Today's Target and pay per lesson is no live..

Gordon Lightfoot was a well-known songwriter in the mid 1960s but in 1970 he became a household name with the release of If You Could Read My Mind. It features a gentle, rolling arpeggio fingerpicking pattern, and a relatively easy set of chords backing a beautiful melody.

This guitar lesson looks at Gordon’s repetitive pattern as well as how to expand and improvise a bit around it. There is also a short interlude that incorporates the melody into the accompaniment.

The song is fingered in the key of G but with a capo at the second fret, putting it in the key of A. The lesson is done without the capo.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

dieguy

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Well I've been waiting for this one, so very great that it's here! :cheer:

Thanks TG!

Cheers

Ness

Lavallee

Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 pm

Glad to see that one,

Chris now you can go to heaven (figure of speech).

Marc

sbutler

Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:00 pm

I do believe this may have been the most requested song on the site.

He is a man of his word. What a classic in every since of the word.

Oh yeah, the song too.

Scott

Lavallee

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:14 pm

Wów Neil!

I just watched the play through of the song, and I really think this is YOUR song!

I don't have to go over your playing, but man, if I may say so, you sang this so beautifully and with so much emotion.....I can't believe you didn't do this one before!

Well I can't help saying so, but I leaned back and I just LOVED it.....

Cheers

Vanessa

TGNeil

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:28 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
Wów Neil!

I just watched the play through of the song, and I really think this is YOUR song!

I don't have to go over your playing, but man, if I may say so, you sang this so beautifully and with so much emotion.....I can't believe you didn't do this one before!

Cheers

Vanessa
Thanks for the kind words. I have to confess that there was a time that I sang a lot of songs and this was one of them. It was ingrained enough in my system that I could not ever forget the words. My long time familiarity with it partially contributed to how long it took to get to it. There are a handful of songs that are so important to me that I am not sure how to do justice to them in a lesson. This frequently leads to procrastination on my part. Classical Gas was another song that fell into this very special category for me.

Neil

TGMatt

Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:49 pm

TGNeil wrote:
nesh16041972 wrote:
Wów Neil!

Cheers

Vanessa
Thanks for the kind words. I have to confess that there was a time that I sang a lot of songs and this was one of them. It was ingrained enough in my system that I could not ever forget the words. My long time familiarity with it partially contributed to how long it took to get to it. There are a handful of songs that are so important to me that I am not sure how to do justice to them in a lesson. This frequently leads to procrastination on my part. Classical Gas was another song that fell into this very special category for me.

Neil
Don't forget Bob the Builder , and Muppets Christmas..I know we are no far away from those going live..

unclewalt

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:17 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Classical Gas was another song that fell into this very special category for me.

Neil[/quote]

Maybe you should switch your thinking on this, then, and jump into the ones you worry most about, because Classical Gas might be the best lesson on here, and this one looks pretty good, too.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:37 am

A great day at TG!
This has been my all time favourite song and I have been playing it for 25 years or more... so its good to finally have a lesson there so I can learn to play it properly at last! Looking forward to learning the fill-ins and embellishments. Thanks Neil, this one's special!

PS: Marc, heaven can wait.... so many songs to learn! ;-)

Lavallee

Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:20 am

neverfoundthetime wrote:
A great day at TG!
This has been my all time favourite song and I have been playing it for 25 years or more... so its good to finally have a lesson there so I can learn to play it properly at last! Looking forward to learning the fill-ins and embellishments. Thanks Neil, this one's special!

PS: Marc, heaven can wait.... so many songs to learn! ;-)
I meant TG Heaven of course. Heaven can wait was a great movie

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic