>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Southern Cross - Crosby, Stills & Nash

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:04 pm

Today's New Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live

In 1982 Crosby, Stills & Nash released their album Daylight Again, which included Southern Cross, which has now become a standard part of their concerts.

The song only uses three chords with a bit of a syncopated strumming pattern making it a great guitar lesson for beginning to intermediate students.

The lesson includes a chord and lyric chart and breaks the strumming down to concentrating on individual eighth notes.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

BigBear

Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:54 pm

Neil- I really enjoyed this lesson. I've banged away at this song for years but the little subtleties you demonstrate add so much interest. It's the difference between three chords that when played together make up Southern Cross and three chords, with chord solos, that are specifically Southern Cross.

As always, thanks!

Your humble student, Bear :cheer:

AndyT

Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:24 pm

HA! Finally I beat Neil to a song. LOL
I did this one a while back and Neil did a review of it where he commented on the timing of it.
Timing IS this song. I love this one and am really glad it's a lesson now.

Now I just need to film some more and beat Neil to some of my other favorites! LOL

Music Junkie

Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:18 pm

Great lesson! I love this method of playing the B in the bass. All of the other transcriptions I had seen made a quick change from D to Bm to A. It sounds good that way, but can be cumbersome. This way sounds great and is much easier (if I can get the rhythm down.... :silly: ).

Thank you so much for another great song.

MJ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic