>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Beware of Darkness Guitar - George Harrison

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:26 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per lesson is now live

All Things Must Pass was the album that really brought George Harrison’s songs to the attention of the public. Released in 1970, just after the Beatles broke up, it was full of great songs, including Beware Of Darkness.

The song was also recorded by Leon Russell at about the same time, and in 1996 was covered by the modern progressive rock band Spock’s Beard.

All Things Must Pass was produced with a very heavy hand by Phil Spector, but we are fortunate that George made some demos that were stripped down to just solo performances. Consequently, this song makes a great acoustic guitar lesson.

It is played in the key of E, using quite a few barre chords, along with a couple of chords outside of the key, and the lesson includes a segment on transposing it to the key of B as well.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... kness.html

willem

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Pete eat your heart out,,oh i wonder were Wally is hangin out,,,i think this is gonna be a great week as well...well which was'nt

MarkM

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Neil,

Beware of ABKCO...Nice reference. Ever since I got that album I've had this song on my list (and others) but haven't gotten around to it. Now I get to learn it the correct way. Awesome. Between last weeks CSN and this weeks lessons I'm in guitar heaven. I couldn't be happier with your selections. Can't wait to get home and get started. Thanks!!!

MarkM

pbraun

Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:32 am

What a great week can't figure out where to start!
Pete

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic