>> New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Skating away - Jethro Tull

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson is now live

By now everybody should be aware of the incredible talents of Ian Anderson, on many levels. *Skating Away (On The Thin Ice Of A New Day) *would have to be considered one of his acoustic guitar classics. The song was released in 1974 on the Jethro Tull album War Child and is one of Ian’s most complex and heavily syncopated masterpieces.

This detailed lesson goes over the guitar and vocal parts, as well as how to combine them into a great solo presentation.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

BigBear

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:15 pm

Neil- Another fantastic Jethro Tull lesson. Keep 'em coming! You could do their whole catolog if you'd like. lol!

Watching you play this song it looks deceptively easy. Why the Level 8? Then I played around with it a bit and it is much more challenging than it looks. But spending a great deal of time with Thick and Wond'ring Aloud you get a good feel for Ian's unusual timing and syncopation.

I remain convinced that Ian Anderson and to a slightly lesser degree, Martin Barre, are the greatest composers of really different and interesting music of the past almost 40 years. I have been totally and completely hooked since This Was and Standup. And you are so correct, that while Ian's voice is only a shadow of its former self, he continues to produce amazing music. What a talent for a fish rancher! lol!

:cheer:

juanlla

Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:56 pm

Neil,
Thanks for putting this lessons, I just wonder how to keep on track....I feel overwelmed by how much I'll have to put on my "To Learn List"..

My fingers acke with Thick as a brick...

Thanks !!!

Big Bear I subscribe 100% to you comments.

Juan

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic