>> Newest complete free lesson - Lay Lady Lay - Bob Dylan

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMatt

Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm

Today we are releasing another new completely free lesson fo ranyone that shows up to little ol TG land

Many Bob Dylan songs have fairly simple chord progression and strumming patterns. Lay Lady Lay is a great example of this as it uses just a few barre chords in a repetitive fashion. This Free Campfire Lesson goes a bit into barre chord theory and the basic way to strum through the song.

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Matt

http://www.totallyguitars.com/free-guit ... tar-lesson

shawn20

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:42 pm

very nice. I love the "campfire" terminology. Some get offended - but it goes to show the guitar can be enjoyed by various skill levels.

sws626

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:26 pm

Having a good campfire repertoire should never be underrated and TG has always been a great resource for building one. When friends are over and ask you to play, they usually don't want to listen to Bouree in Em.

thereshopeyet

Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks

willem

Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:08 pm

sws626 wrote:
Having a good campfire repertoire should never be underrated and TG has always been a great resource for building one. When friends are over and ask you to play, they usually don't want to listen to Bouree in Em.

i found it kind a funny,,,Stuart is back(from a long time) and then a Dylan song is up,, i love it a..

frybaby

Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 am

Neil,
Thank you for the campfire songs. I benefit greatly from having the basic chord structure, and then embellishing the song with other tips and trick and techniques, I’ve picked up along the way.
All in all the campfire versions are a great opportunity to expand and improvise.

The beauty of life is not how happy you are, but how happy others can be because of you.

Thanks again for adding to the joy I find in playing the guitar.
Frybaby

sws626

Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 pm

willem wrote:
sws626 wrote:

i found it kind a funny,,,Stuart is back(from a long time) and then a Dylan song is up,, i love it a..
Hey Willem,
I was thought of you as I was writing that -- and hoped you wouldn't take it as a criticism of your work on the Bach piece, which I quite enjoyed.

Anyway, back on topic...the more Dylan the better. Please keep it coming, guys. My wife thanks you.

-Stuart

jimcjimc

Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:47 pm

You can listen to some great dylan covers on this facebook page from amnesty international:

http://www.facebook.com/amnestyusa?sk=a ... 2725211599 Image

Yamaha48

Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Hello my dear friends.
Yeh i know,thats a long time ago you here from me.
But my guitar is evry day in my hands.
This is a good song for people to learn barr chords.
The quick change from E TO F#M to A,thats the onely harder part for me know.
I play the tune 10 min ago,on youtube serching to bobs version.
When i here the song,evry thing comming up in me.
Yeh a song from long time ago.

Neil thanks for this lesson.

ps.What is the level from this song?? i think not level 1 with the couple of barr chord,i mean for beginners.
But a good song for beginners who will learn barr chords.
Not big distance from A- C#M-G-BM.

Cheers from Holland..............Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic