>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release Drip Feed -Sleight Of Hand - Guitar Insrumental

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
haoli25

Fri May 20, 2011 10:05 pm

sbutler wrote:
Thanks Bill, and Thank you Neil.

Now I really have something to do. Why is it that I always fall for the stuff that is way over my head?

Scott

Scott, who can resist jumping on Neil Hogan's guitar "StairMaster"? :laugh:

Bill

TGNeil

Fri May 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Wow, what a karmic, historic, dangerous, crossing of collateralized streams... To paraphrase John Fahey (or maybe Al Stewart?), "I almost called this piece 'Life On The Stairmaster' but the item, and/or the term hadn't been coined yet." Proceed at your own risk!

Yours Truly,

Neil

dekotaj

Sat May 21, 2011 10:47 am

What a great song!!!

But you folks must be out of your minds!Our you kidding me,you would have to have octopus fingers for a left hand.

Good luck Bill,And when you do learn it.Hell yes post it!!!I think I'll still be here in a year or two.

And Neil,how in the world dose one set done and put something like that together??Crazy good song,Hopefully I can learn to play a song like SLEIGHT OF HAND(SOME)day.

Just amazing sir.
Kevin

sbutler

Sat May 21, 2011 4:24 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Wow, what a karmic, historic, dangerous, crossing of collateralized streams... To paraphrase John Fahey (or maybe Al Stewart?), "I almost called this piece 'Life On The Stairmaster' but the item, and/or the term hadn't been coined yet." Proceed at your own risk!

Yours Truly,

Neil
I'm taking the plunge Neil, proceeding with risk as you suggested. However, I already have a question about finger placement. I know this drip will be feeding us for a long time and I want to make sure i get every little thing correct. And I follow your finger placement pointers right up to the end of the 8th, start of the 9th measure. Or the end of the first ending. The fingers, they seem to jump around differently at that spot.

Is the risk too much? I don't know yet, but I sure am having fun.

Scott

haoli25

Sat May 21, 2011 5:30 pm

sbutler wrote:

I'm taking the plunge Neil, proceeding with risk as you suggested. However, I already have a question about finger placement. I know this drip will be feeding us for a long time and I want to make sure i get every little thing correct. And I follow your finger placement pointers right up to the end of the 8th, start of the 9th measure. Or the end of the first ending. The fingers, they seem to jump around differently at that spot.

Scott

Scott, I am not sure if this will help, but I printed out the PDF file and then made some of my own notes on hand position as I watched the play-through (and paused it frequently.....very frequently). With this song, I figured I will need all the help I can get. :)

Bill

sbutler

Sat May 21, 2011 6:21 pm

haoli25 wrote:
sbutler wrote:

Scott

Scott, I am not sure if this will help, but I printed out the PDF file and then made some of my own notes on hand position as I watched the play-through (and paused it frequently.....very frequently). With this song, I figured I will need all the help I can get. :)

Bill
Yep, me too Bill. In fact, I've spent the last hour working on it. I watched the split screen a couple dozen times, and I think I have the fingering notes pretty acurate.

My fingers don't pay any attention to my notes.

TGNeil

Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm

Bill & Scott,

I must confess that there are a couple of spots in this tune that I finger multiple ways depending on the phases of the moon and other astronomical (maybe astrological?) considerations. For the lesson I tried to get consistent with what I think is best for most guitar players. Your mileage may vary.

Neil

Chasplaya

Sat May 21, 2011 7:29 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Bill & Scott,

I must confess that there are a couple of spots in this tune that I finger multiple ways depending on the phases of the moon and other astronomical (maybe astrological?) considerations. For the lesson I tried to get consistent with what I think is best for most guitar players. Your mileage may vary.

Neil
Vary!! now that's an understatement, my finger placements verge on dyslexic fingers!

haoli25

Sat May 21, 2011 10:06 pm

TGNeil wrote:
Bill & Scott,

Neil

* Do not operate heavy machinery while playing 'Sleight Of Hand'
* 'Sleight Of Hand' may not work with all HotWheel sets
* 'Sleight Of Hand' - wash, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat
* May cause drowsiness after hours and hours of practice
* Some assembly required

Lavallee

Sun May 22, 2011 1:50 am

Bill, it is great that you requested that song, I was looking forward to it. I started working on it tonight.

Thanks

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic