>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Moonshadow - Cat Stevens

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
willem

Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live ..

*Moonshadow*is one of Cat Stevens’ most popular tunes and fun to play on the guitar. It uses a combination of different right hand techniques, including fingerpicking with a mono-bass pattern (repeating the same string rather than alternating), a hybrid picking-strumming technique, as well as a bigger strumming pattern where the ‘Invisible Pick’ technique works best. The song was originally released on the 1971 album Teaser And The Firecat.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

haoli25

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:11 pm

Looks like a fun lesson, Neil. Thanks. Welcome, Kendall. Its good to have you with us.

willem

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:36 pm

i am not distracked,i am not distracked,,,,oke i printed it...really fun,sounded a bit like old music ..

MarkM

Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Thank you! Thank you!! I've been secretly hoping for this lesson for a long time. Now if I only had time to spend on it.

MarkM

thereshopeyet

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Thanks

waggis

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:56 pm

Really a fun song to play. Thanks.

rludym

Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 pm

recently bought the cat package and starting with moonshadow but im not sure the very first measure in the tab is written how you play it---can you please valisate as im pulling my hair out....sounds like there shld be another g??? thx!!

willem

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:38 am

rludym wrote:
recently bought the cat package and starting with moonshadow but im not sure the very first measure in the tab is written how you play it---can you please valisate as im pulling my hair out....sounds like there shld be another g??? thx!!

I see the tab before me(cos I worked on the song recently),,which measer do you mean?? the chorus or the verse??

Willem

d_dog

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:58 am

Hi there and welcome!

I've listened to Neil's play through, looked at the tabs, listened to Cat S., and really, the first measure is built around a D-chord, no G involved. And Neil really plays it as in written in the tab.

Hope you still got your hair.. :P

rludym wrote:

willem

Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:45 am

rludym wrote:

Maybe you mean an other A melody note,,but thats already sounding on count two and!!!,,just let your fretfinger stay there and let ring till the first G melody note at count 4 in that measer,,,man I pulled some hair too,, :woohoo: B)

Just try to help..

Willem

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic