>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Scott Plays Windy And Warm

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
lmc831

Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Scott Butler's lesson at TG Central starts with Windy And Warm, heads into some philosophy on learning the guitar, diverts into teenage concert memories, and then gets into Shades Of Funk and more fingerpicking techniques.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -warm.html

willem

Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:32 am

Hi Scotty,,i started today on ''windy and warm'' 'cos Neil said we all must learn it,,,sooo, many months to go on this,,well in between i try to have some fun too...oke this is fun too..

sbutler

Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:58 am

Willem, I enjoy working on this song. And I mean work. Trying to play it for Neil was a nerve wracking experience since I wasn't looking at the music.

Biut it is a toe tapper, and one that really want to have down well. Good luck on your quest, you'll do just fine.

Scott

Chasplaya

Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:35 pm

Scott that must have been an awesome experience, I guess daunting in some ways though, sitting with a guitar before Yoda. Windy and Warm to play you must! I thought you did well my friend.

sbutler

Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:23 pm

Chas, it was a daunting experience indeed.

Since I've lived in Alaska for almost 12 years, I forgot what real traffic was all about. I rented a car in Oakland, and hit the interstate south to San Jose. Me and the other 8 million people that live there. I didn't really see a need to mix with the crowd as I was going well beyond were the pigs portion of the traffic was heading, so why not jump in that lane on the far left, where nobody was driving, and make some time. There comes a time when it hits you(some come to the conclusion faster than others) that something was just not right. I was smokin down the road, and everybody else was standing still. So It was then that I started paying attention to the road signs. Soon I found the answer. In the comuter lane I was. No single people driving in this lane lest you want the ticket. Now I'm stuck. The other lanes are jam packed, and I can't move back over. There are still some comuters in the fast lane, so I can't slow them down. The sign said that the fast lane would be ok after 9am. Its now 5 till. If I can just make that long. Whewwww, finally an opening in the snail lane, so I move over. Wondering just how big the ticket is going to be, because I know they have those sneaky cameras all over. About then, somebody rang the bell, and the left lane filled up with traffic that suddenly slowed down as slow as the new lane I just moved too.

I showed up at Neils, with my shirt soaked with sweat. Neil was at the drive way to greet me when I pulled up. With my shirt still soaked, we entered the TG cabin, and he left the door open and now I'm freezing. Nervous as hell, shaking the hand of the best guitar player I've ever met in person, soaked to the skin, and now in the cool shady TG lodge, I'm shivering. He made a little joke about me being from Alaska, and should be able to take a coolness, but he didn't know what I had just gone through.

The bottom line is that It was as if I had never played a guitar before, and at that point I started from scratch. But I have to say that when I left, I felt like he had been a good friend for a long time.

I told Sharon, I'll go back next year for my annual review.

Lavallee

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi Scott , sorry to be late to comment on your lesson. I thought you held your ground very well especially on windy and warm where you were able to play it in front of the teacher which I know is intimidating. I learned a few tips from the lesson which I intend to use regularly.

Glad you had a good time meeting with Neil. He is a gentleman

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic