>>>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson - Sleight Of Hand - Drip Feed Lesson Parts 12 & 13

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
rdowner

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Today's Target Lesson release is now live..

Here are the final segments to our Drip Feed lesson on Neil's instrumental *Sleight Of Hand*. Part 12 goes over the arrangement and some concluding thoughts, and Part 13 is the entire song played slowly using a split screen.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ental.html

sbutler

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:02 pm

Neil, as usual, I try to really practice everything you teach. And the comments about playing it very slow at first, I've already decided that is a good idea. My problem is that I have a hard time keeping the brakes on when I'm on the sections you released first. Obviously, I've had more time to work on those. I will say that I find the last release, (D2) the hardest for some reason. . At least the first four measures of D2. The second four measures come pretty easy for me.

One other thing that I've decided to make myself do while playing this great song of yours, is to do as much of it as I can without looking at my frets. Some parts I still have to look, but it is working to some degree and I'm having a blast with it.

I don't know how long it will take me to be able to play it at a speed that is close to musical, but I know that when I do, I'll be a little better than fair at playing the guitar.

Thanks again Neil for the lesson, and thanks again Bill for the suggestion. I hope all the causes involved come out the way we want them too.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks

haoli25

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Neil, thank you so much for sharing your masterpiece, "Sleight Of Hand". I can only imagine how hard it was to produce this lesson. Your instructions and explanations of this difficult piece was just superb. At least for me, this is the most difficult lesson in the TARGET program, BUT it is soooo much fun to learn. You careful attention to detail has made this lesson very "doable" for many of the TARGET members. I am still playing A1, A2, and A3 in my sleep. :)

And last but surely not least, the fact that this lesson was part of your donations to the MattB auction to help him out makes this lesson even that much more special to me. Again, my sincere thanks.

Bill

sbutler

Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:44 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
Thanks for teaching Sleight of Hand Neil.
I have a long way to get to part 13! ... please advise...
What speed have you set the metronome at for split screen sections throughout the full 13 lessons?

Thanks
Dermot
Dermot, I have an old metronome that jumps by 3's. And I think Neils slow play is somewhere around 68 bpm. But I can't dial mine in that close.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:37 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic