>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Crazy - Willie Nelson

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
Lavallee

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live ..

Willie Nelson wrote *Crazy *as a journeyman songwriter in 1961. Later that year Patsy Cline recorded it and it became one of her biggest hits, as well as putting Willie a little more firmly in the mix of great songwriters. This lesson looks mostly at Willie’s version, in spite of the fact that the main accompaniment was done on the piano. There is a transcription of the piano intro, a basic strumming version of the chords, which are more jazzy than country, and a short look at the modulation (key change) that happens at the end.

Enjoy this Level 6 Target Lesson

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

lueders

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Alright!!!! I have always loved this song. And wanted to know how to play it correctly. (This one and also "Blue Eyes Cryin in the Rain" love 'em both!!)

I am sure "Crazy" is plenty popular in You-tube search-land too. I think EVERYBODY likes this song because of Patsy....

Thanks NEIL!!!

Sure looks like a Willie-Pack and that excites me because that means their might be room for even another Willie tune or two. What will it be: Georgia on my Mind?
Whiskey River? Seven Spanish Angels? My Heroes Have Always Been Cowboys? Good Hearted Woman? Uncloudy Day? Blue Eyes? Any of 'em would be great.

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:02 pm

Well I've been tempted by these Willie Nelson lessons but this is a MUST. Though I think Sue will have to help me with the singing.

Such a beautiful song.

Thanks Neil

Michele

dennisg

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:10 pm

michelew wrote:
Well I've been tempted by these Willie Nelson lessons but this is a MUST. Though I think Sue will have to help me with the singing.

Such a beautiful song.

Thanks Neil

Michele
Hey, I've been trying to get you to learn this song for over a year. I only uploaded the version with my niece because I thought you'd given up on it.

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I hear you Dennis. I KNEW I'd get in trouble. But,....but, you were trying to get me to SING it too. Well 'run for the hills!' :laugh: B) :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well I have NO excuses now that Neil has put it up with his detailed teaching and guru ways. it's the secret hypnosis in the video. That must be it.

I blame Neil!!! Go talk to him about his voodoo powers.

It had always been a must. It must just be about the right time to start learning it.

Shel

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic