>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Never Happen No More With Matt R.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
tacticaltal

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:39 pm

*Fly On The Wall*

This is part 2 of MattR’s lesson and it starts with a short look at Never Happen No More by Blind Blake. They talk about getting a clear understanding of a song's chord progression before working on the details of the picking.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

lueders

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:06 pm

- This was COOL! Love the hot tuna, (Gonna go warm some up a little later.)

RANDOM THOUGHT:I love the song of Tuna's from Burgers: Let's Get To Together-Right Down Here.
Another Davis cover I think?

These "Fly On The Walls" Are Really Enjoyable! Very Cool!

schm040

Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:08 am

Leuders,

Glad you enjoyed it too. I must say that as nervous as I was, I am pretty happy with my playing, if that is ever actually possible!!

Because I was traveling, I didn't have my Taylor 420, but I seem to have adjusted ok with Neil's loaner.

I was particularly satisfied in this Part 2 video when Neil asked me to strum while he played the melody to "That'll Never Happen No More". I really don't get a chance to play with people very often, so to be able to do that with my teacher was so cool.

I hope he posts the rest of the lesson, because if I recall, there is a bit more. I think we work on "Windy and Warm" and "Fire and Rain" briefly.

Seems to me the volume in this Part 2 is much better too.

Thanks again Neil for taking the time with me and posting the FOTW.

MattMassachusetts

beaker

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 pm

Thanks Neil, that was a good fly on the wall. Thanks Matt R as well. There is basically enough there to learn Never Gonna Happen No More.... but it would be even better to have a tablature of it. Is it possible to post a tablature attachment with this fly on the wall? That would really be awesome. I will cross my fingers, thanks again, Beaker.

schm040

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Beaker et. al.,

The tab we were working on is available on a website for free. In fact, they have a bunch of stuff on that site that I enjoy playing (or at least try to play). Most are pretty hard. This one for me to play well, is about a 7, but most are like 8 or 9. Check out the Christmas songs on the site too. I really get into them as well.

There are no lessons on the site, but it is a good place to take what you are learning at TG and give it a test.

The link to the page for "That'll Never Happen No More" is pasted below. Enjoy and let me know how you make out.

MattMassachussetts

http://www.acousticfingerstyle.com/midifil2.htm

beaker

Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:02 am

Thanks Matt, I'll put that to good use. I appreciate it. Beaker.

willem

Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:17 am

A bonus a head for a lesson on ''never happen no more'' ?? i really enjoy this fly on the wall,,first iti s music i care a baut and second there were again great tips how the get it down,,Matt R and Neil,thanks looing forward to the other parts..

tombo1230

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 am

Thanks Neil and Matt, I really enjoy these fly on the walls, even if I am not learning the songs in them at the time, there are lots of little teach/learn gems to be had to take forward in my own playing.

Looking forward to part three and will be having a look at the link you posted also.

Tom N.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic