>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - The Ballad Of Jesse James - Cowboy Songs

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGMike

Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:35 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live ..

*The Ballad Of Jesse James*is another song collected by John Lomax in his 1910 book /Cowboy Songs and Other Frontier Ballads./ It tells some of the tales about the legendary outlaw and his cohorts in the James-Younger gang. The lesson goes over the basic chord progression and strumming pattern with the addition of a bluegrass-style instrumental arrangement picking out the melody on the bass strings while continuing to strum the chords.

Enjoy this Level 4 Target Lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

mcfingers

Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:34 pm

Oooops, It seems as though the chord progression and strumming pattern part of the lesson is missing. Also, I noticed that the comment about this lesson, isn't about this lesson but rather "Home on the Range" I guess that let the cat out of the bag didn't it. :P

I am sure things will get sorted out soon. Steve

TGMike

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:14 pm

Fixed. Thanks

unclewalt

Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 pm

The first version of this I ever heard, and still my favorite.

mcfingers

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:39 pm

TGMike wrote:
Fixed. Thanks
The Middle section on chord progression and strumming is still only 6 seconds long and stops after the title. Each of the other two sections plays fine for me.

suziko

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:46 pm

Seeing this made me think of one of my favorite Serge Gainsbourg songs, Bonnie and Clyde, and this fab clip:

"Vous avez lu l'histoire de Jesse James? Comment il vecu? Comment il est mort?"

TGNeil

Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:59 pm

mcfingers wrote:
TGMike wrote:
Fixed. Thanks
The Middle section on chord progression and strumming is still only 6 seconds long and stops after the title. Each of the other two sections plays fine for me.
Oops! My mistake... I hope to have this fixed in a few hours.

Neil

TGMike

Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:04 pm

OK I see it now... looks like a bad source file caused the issue. We are uploading a new copy now and it will take a little time to encode it. I'll update when all set.

Thanks again!

mcfingers wrote:
TGMike wrote:
Fixed. Thanks

TGMike

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Folks,

I actually need to wait until the morning to fix part 2 due to a lot of the video changes we have been making lately and the changes made on the programming side. Sorry for the wait.

Thanks,
Mike

lueders

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:05 pm

AHHH, Just Saw this...this song is really special to me. Real good memories, with this. My Dad sang this song incessantly! We would be in the car gong somewhere, and he would spontaneously break out into this song...and it happened more times that I can count. Anyways, I was a very young kid and I knew the words by heart. LOL!
The Kingston Tro version of it, was the one I was most familiar with...

Having trouble with the middles section too...excited for tomorrow.

THANKS NEIL!!! YOU RULE!! :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic