>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Cat’s In The Cradle - Harry Chapin

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
AcousticAl

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live ..

*Cat’s In The Cradle*by Harry Chapin, is the only song of his that became a #1 hit, partly because most of his stories were to long to be radio-friendly. The song started as a poem by his wife Sandy, about her prior husband’s relationship with his father and when Harry and Sandy’s son Josh was born, Harry turned it into one of the most wrenching songs of all time. The guitar is played with a capo at the 7^th fret in the lesson (although the original was at the 8^th ), using very basic chords and fingerpicking. The lesson addresses a couple of different accompaniment techniques that the student should already be familiar with.

Enjoy This Level 5 Target Lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... .html#song

suziko

Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:02 pm

Great to see this, Neil! This is a song that many members have been anticipating seeing a lesson for. I can't wait to take a crack at it!

Suzi

willem

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:47 pm

That looks like a nice song to me,,nice guitar work,nice lyrics that i can understand only one line i can't bring home,, ''AND THE CATS IN THE CRADLE AND THE SILVERSPOON'' ??? so i will apreciate some explaining ,,thanks in advange,,,

Willem

tovo

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:57 pm

Great addition Neil thank you.

Willem the line you refer to is all about images of childhood (Cats in the cradle, silverspoon, little boy blue etc) I hope my explanation is clear.

willem

Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:09 pm

tovo wrote:

Willem the line you refer to is all about images of childhood (Cats in the cradle, silverspoon, little boy blue etc) I hope my explanation is clear.

Thanks Tony,,oke i have now the image of silverspoon,,''the cats in cradle'' i don' get yet maybe a image will do,i search for that..

Catman

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks!

I've been waiting for this one a while now!

-David

skaladar

Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Great Song. Another marshmallow to add to my to-do list

willem wrote:
...... ''the cats in cradle'' i don' get yet maybe a image will do ......
Here's a Cat's Cradle image for you Willem :-)

♫ Ken ♫

reiver

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:20 pm

Just watched the lesson on the Intro and thought the addition of a slowed down close up was a great idea. Nice lesson.

dsmarion

Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 am

willem wrote:
tovo wrote:

Thanks Tony,,oke i have now the image of silverspoon,,''the cats in cradle'' i don' get yet maybe a image will do,i search for that..
Willem,

Check out the wiki explanation in the Lyrical Story section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat's_in_the_Cradle

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:35 am

Great addition to the library Neil, many thanks!

@WIllem:
It's all childhood imagery...
Cat's in the Cradle = Cradle is the bed the baby sleeps in ... the cat is taking a nap their too (Our cat always slept with Ale when she was a baby).
Silver spoon = I f you are born with a silver spoon in your mouth, you are wealthy, privileged up-bringing or even spoilt. there is also a poem where "the dish ran away with the spoon"
Little boy Blue = children's poem :
Man in the Moon = the Moon has what looks like a man's face

Harry didn't know Kippevel otherwise he'd have added that too!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic