>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Down By The River With Ed C.

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
buddy

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:36 pm

Ed-Down By The River

Ed and I started talking about figuring songs out by ear and I brought up Neil Young’s After The Goldrush album and the songs Southern Man and Tell Me Why, which led into a discussion about Bluegrass playing and techniques. That led into a talk about improvising over a chord progression and Down By The River came up. The rest of the lesson ended up addressing soloing in the keys involved.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... -ed-c.html

sbutler

Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 pm

Who is that guy wearing just a plain old T shirt? That has got to be a first in my almost two years here.

Great lesson by the way.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:36 pm

Thanks

willem

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 pm

thereshopeyet wrote:
That was interesting.
I'll need to watch a few times to absorb the logical thinking behind what key I'm in!
Easy to listen to but not so easy when your in the hot seat rather you Ed than me !!!

Thanks for sharing!
I had one thing right and that was the modelation from D to G ,,forgot already which song.. it was something with two chords,,thanks Ed.

tombo1230

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:04 pm

sbutler wrote:
Who is that guy wearing just a plain old T shirt? That has got to be a first in my almost two years here.

Scott
It's Neils stunt double.(The guy needs a break sometime). All the big stars have one these days. Brad Pitt is shooting his latest movie in Glasgow just now and he has four doubles, simple! ;) :laugh:

Tom N.

thereshopeyet

Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:13 am

Thanks

suziko

Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:21 am

I really enjoyed this one, Neil. I especially liked how you helped Ed to work out what key(s) the song is played in. I hadn't really thought of learning Down by the River before watching this, but now I'm going to check it out.

I also really loved the mini chord solo you did of Dreams!! THAT I'd like to learn.

Suzi

willem

Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:46 pm

Wow, what a fantastic Fly On The Wall, I enjoyed it very much!

I love talking about theory-stuff like that, as in trying to figure out what the heck we're actually doing and what is actually happening in a song. Also very nice to hear some chatting-stuff about Triad, wich is a song that I really love.

Thanks Neil and Ed!

Vanessa

beaker

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:03 pm

Neil, this was a great lesson. I learned a lot. Thanks, Beaker.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic