>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Wagon Wheel - Old Crow Medicine Show

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live .

*Wagon Wheel*is a folksy song with interesting history, having started out as a sketch by Bob Dylan for the 1973 movie Pat Garrett And Billy The Kid. Ketch Secor of Old Crow Medicine Show took the initial idea, finished the song, and it has become a huge hit in the acoustic world. This lesson is done in our ‘Work It Out’ style working through figuring it out by ear so don’t look at the chart if you’d like to work on your listening skills.

Enjoy this Level 3 Target Lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

unclewalt

Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:23 pm

A rare bit of Dylan trivia I knew nothing about. Now I must find the Dylan version!

lueders

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:26 pm

I Love this song!! Thanks!

(Think, I am Gonna try to figure the banjo parts out one of these days, too. I think. Doesn't sound too awful tough.)

sbutler

Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Neil, I sure do like these "make me think" lessons. This one had some things that I'd never heard you mention before. I'll be looking forward to the next one.

Scott

schm040

Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:24 pm

When I started this site I couldn't even tell when a strum was up or down listening to a song. Now I can, and to add to that Neil is now helping me train my ear for tones.

As for this lesson, I figured out the chords but it was funny because I thought I was wrong initially when he said the tonic was A, I thought it was G, he then of course made me feel great when he said he was capoed for A. WHEW!!!

I agree with Sbutler, I would love to learn more about the new stuff touched on in this lesson.

Thanks TG / NEIL / MATT et. al.

MattMassachusetts

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Thanks

ncsurfer

Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:11 am

Great lesson and great song! I've seen these guys in concert twice(once with John Prine), awesome show!
This song rings true for me in many ways and I somewhat figured it out a couple of years ago right after I first joined TG and learned my first few basic chords. This lesson is icing on the cake and gives me the confidence that I might actually be figuring this intstrument out. Thanks Neil!

suziko

Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:11 pm

I love this song! And the ear training lessons are always good fun. Thanks, Neil!

Suzi

jayswett

Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Wow. What another greast song that I've never heard. Good theory lesson, too.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic