>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Time After Time - Eva Cassidy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

*Time After Time *is a Cyndi Lauper song from her 1983 album, She’s So Unusual, that Eva Cassidy arranged for her own vocal style, or rather one her many vocal styles. Her arrangements generally consist of gentle arpeggios with some extended chords (add9 for example) and perfectly complement her voice. This lesson looks at how she took this 80s pop tune and turned it into a classic.

Enjoy this Level 4 Target lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

daryl

Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:30 pm

Aaaaah, how great, Cyndi and Eva....both gorgeous singers, both versions are really beautiful. Eva is always killing, her voice is just.....pfffffffff......but gosh, so does Cyndi, the way that she does this song (among others) nowadays is absolutely breathtaking...goosebumps. (Cyndi Lauper NOTP 2004 in Holland, check it out!), indeed both gorgeous singers and gorgeous arrangements of this song!

However, needless to say I'm glad to be able to learn this version as well! :P

Thanks!

Vanessa

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Thanks

sbutler

Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:23 pm

Vanessa, I just can't wait to see your version of this.

Eva's voice grabs me like few ever have. The planet lost a true gem when she passed. At least we have a couple of videos to watch, and wonder what may have been.

So get to work ness, we got a song to here from you ;-)

Scott

willem

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:06 am

Thanks Neil for this lesson,the package is rising and i hope you will do ''true colors''as well intime,,but checking YT on her songs i came across a song i did'nt know see did and enjoyed it pretty much..

cosmicmechanic

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:12 am

But Scott, this is Éva we're talking here???! :ohmy: .......how could I do her voice justice? Hardly anyone sings as heartbreakingly beautiful as she does...

Still very flattered though! :blush: :P Well who knows?! ;)

sbutler wrote:

Eva's voice grabs me like few ever have. The planet lost a true gem when she passed. At least we have a couple of videos to watch, and wonder what may have been.

Scott

neverfoundthetime

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:20 am

This is 100% kippenvel.

sbutler

Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:47 pm

nesh16041972 wrote:
But Scott, this is Éva we're talking here???! :ohmy: .......how could I do her voice justice? Hardly anyone sings as heartbreakingly beautiful as she does...

Still very flattered though! :blush: :P Well who knows?! ;)

sbutler wrote:

Scott
Yeah, but you can sure play as well as she did and you may recruit your singing friend if you must.

Scott

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic