>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Silver Wheels - Heart

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
suziko

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:27 am

Like Dennis and Scott, I also have no doubt that you will post a stellar version of this song at some point, Ness. Not just because you're a good guitarist, but I also know how driven and dedicated you are to practice. Like Scott said, it's amazing how much progress you can make if you just put in the time. It's easy to watch a guitarist like Nancy Wilson or Muriel Anderson and think "They are so good- I could never be like that." But I have no doubt that those women, and every "great" guitarist, has put in hundreds or probably even thousands of hours of practice to get where they're at.

Will I ever be Nancy Wilson? Probably not. But if I practice regularly and often, I know that in a year I'll be better than I am right now. I see that even after a few days of practice. I recently started working on Over the Hills and Far Away, a song that's definitely above my comfort zone. I can't tell you how many times I've played the first 4 barres (the part with the hammer ons and double pull-offs). And though they're still rough and I still mess them up more than 1/2 of the time, sometimes I get them right, which is not something I could do a few days back. That type of thing keeps me going.

Suzi

dennisg

Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Aaaah Den and Sue, you are súch #@#$%$# sweeties :blush: , can't find the words for it, thanks so much for the encouragement and faith in me! :kiss:

And Suzi, yeah I hear you, you're so very right! And by who are those songs? Far away, I take it you don't mean Nickelback right? Although that's a fantastic song, one that is special to me and wich I lóve to play!

Ness

suziko

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Ness, you gave me a little laugh with your question. Sorry, for the confusion. The song is Over the Hills and Far Away. One title. It's by Led Zeppelin. :)

Suzi

tovo

Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Hahaha :laugh: ! Oh my, I'm súch an idiot! :laugh:

Alright, got it! :P

suziko wrote:
Ness, you gave me a little laugh with your question. Sorry, for the confusion. The song is Over the Hills and Far Away. One title. It's by Led Zeppelin. :)

Suzi

millponddave

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Vanessa,
I'm with Doug, Scott, and Suziko. I only can dream of ever being a tiny bit as skilled as you.

Dave

BRBbrb

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:22 am

Finally my 30 yr. wait is over -- Thank you, thank you Neil! I don't care if it takes 30 more to learn it! :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic