>> Newest Target members only lesson - Fly On The Wall - Fred- You'll Accomp'ny Me

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Today's Target members only lesson is a new Fly On The Wall.

Fred has always been a big Bob Seger fan so I knew as I had just done a lesson n this song for TG that he would be happy to take a look at it. We started with a bit of ear training where I played the chords and he worked on figuring them out. The lesson then progressed into the double time strumming that is really necessary to keep it upbeat and musical.

Enjoy!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... ny-me.html

abiliog

Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:51 pm

Thanks for sharing this great FOTW lesson,
Ear training is something I need to develop and this lesson was also about it.
Thank you for let me in,
Abilio

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:41 pm

Thanks

Fred

Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Thanks for looking in on this one....I really get alot out of the ear training portions of my lessons. I had fun with this one but it did not come together real quick. I actually keyed in on the E chord (the second chord in the intro) initially and had trouble letting go of that to get to the A chord which starts the song. I finally worked it out and I'm now working on the putting it together with double time strumming on the 4th beat of the measure.

BTW....Neil eventually does make me go home!!

Fred

thereshopeyet

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:40 pm

Thanks

sbutler

Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Fred wrote:
Thanks for looking in on this one....I really get alot out of the ear training portions of my lessons. I had fun with this one but it did not come together real quick. I actually keyed in on the E chord (the second chord in the intro) initially and had trouble letting go of that to get to the A chord which starts the song. I finally worked it out and I'm now working on the putting it together with double time strumming on the 4th beat of the measure.

BTW....Neil eventually does make me go home!!

Fred
Yeah Fred at some point you must go home, but (and its a big but) he always lets you come back another day. And we love it.

You and I are about the same level of progression, so what helps you, really helps me and a lot of others as well. So Fred, again thanks for letting us spy on your lessons.

Scott

tombo1230

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 am

Great stuff guys, love these fly on the wall lessons.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom N.

Fred

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:21 pm

Scott and Tom;

Thanks for looking in - glad to be of service to my fellow guitar players. The FOTW sessions are a great deal of fun and I'm humbled that they also provide a vehicle for others to experience as well.

Until next time -

Fred

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic