>>New Target and Pay Per Lesson release - Autumn Leaves - Eva Cassidy

What we have so far, new songs added weekly!
TGCheryle

Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Today's Target and Pay Per Lesson release is now live.

*Autumn Leaves*is a standard that was written in the 1940s, with English lyrics added a bit later by Johnny Mercer. This lesson looks at the way Eva Cassidy arranged it for solo guitar to accompany her voice. She had a great talent for simplifying chord progressions and adding extra notes to basic chords, creating brilliant backgrounds for her amazing voice.

Enjoy this Level 5 Target lesson.

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-so ... esson.html

thereshopeyet

Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:52 pm

@#$#@#$%$ Yeaaaaaaaaaah!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!!

Vanessa

sbutler

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:04 pm

I may have said this before, but I don't think I've ever heard a womans singing voice that hit me as hard as hers. Eva was simply not in any league that I know of. She was above them all.

Scott

thereshopeyet

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Thanks

michelew

Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks Neil that's great.

F7s hmmm yummy, my favourite. I'll be chewing on them for a while.

This is a beautiful song.

Thanks again.

Michele.

neverfoundthetime

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:24 pm

Scott, I had the same experience first time I heard her voice about 10 years ago... what an impact!
Autumn leaves is such a beautiful song and I'd love to play it but... man it is so melancholic, I'm not sure I'll get through it! May needs lots of chocolate to recover.
Another magical lesson from our favourite teacher. :-)

dennisg

Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:50 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
Autumn leaves is such a beautiful song and I'd love to play it but... man it is so melancholic, I'm not sure I'll get through it!
I've played it at least a couple of hundred times, and it still moves me. All you have to do is think about someone you've lost.

neverfoundthetime

Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:44 am

dennisg wrote:
neverfoundthetime wrote:
Autumn leaves is such a beautiful song and I'd love to play it but... man it is so melancholic, I'm not sure I'll get through it!
I've played it at least a couple of hundred times, and it still moves me. All you have to do is think about someone you've lost.
If I do that I won't get past the first phrase!

I know I will be able to play this, its the singing which is the challenge. I tried singing through with Neil's playing last night and I was in tears within 20 seconds. There are tears welling up my eyes now just thinking about it. What is it about Eva's voice that has such impact? Neuro-scientists can argue as much as they want about consciousness being the sum total of our mind's functionings but I'd offer this song sung by Eva as evidence that there is something much greater hear (uh, that's a Freudian slip if ever I have worn one!!) that we can begin to explain.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic